Windows 10: I cannot add an administrator account to my computer

Discus and support I cannot add an administrator account to my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I removed the only administrator account from my computer accidently and now I can't add one or see the Family and Other Users tab in the settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NayeliM, Sep 22, 2020.

1. NayeliM Win User

I cannot add an administrator account to my computer

I removed the only administrator account from my computer accidently and now I can't add one or see the Family and Other Users tab in the settings. When I try to add one this is what I seeI cannot add an administrator account to my computer [​IMG]

:)

NayeliM, Sep 22, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 22, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2020
  4. I cannot add an administrator account to my computer

Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

I cannot add an administrator account to my computer

1. I cannot add an administrator account to my computer - Similar Threads - cannot add administrator

2. I cannot access my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...
  3. I cannot access my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...
  4. I am not an admin on my computer and I cannot become/add an admin account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not an admin on my computer and I cannot become/add an admin account.: I am on a Dell laptop on windows 11. I can't become or make an admin account. Every time I try nothing works because I need to have an admin account. I cannot add an admin account or become an admin account because of this.I have tried to follow guides online and even gone...
  5. I am not an admin on my computer and I cannot become/add an admin account.

I am not an admin on my computer and I cannot become/add an admin account.: I am on a Dell laptop on windows 11. I can't become or make an admin account. Every time I try nothing works because I need to have an admin account. I cannot add an admin account or become an admin account because of this.I have tried to follow guides online and even gone...
  6. I cannot sign into my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  7. I cannot sign into my administrator account

I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  8. Add account then swap Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add account then swap Administrator: Hi all, First post here. I bought a new computer and during setup I couldn't remember the password to the account I had used in the past. I created a new account using my phone number and received a code via text. All went well during setup but now I realize the error of my...
  9. cannot add accounts

cannot add accounts: Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows me to. Could Outlook the big boy program be the cause? You wouldn't think so, since they are all Microsoft, but since it is...
  10. I cannot login into my administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login into my administrator account: I was fooling around and made my actual original admin account that I knew the password to into a "Device Owner" account and since then, every time I try to open the control panel to press "Change account type" I get confronted with a message that says put admin user and...