Windows 10: I cannot add my email address to my account

Discus and support I cannot add my email address to my account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got a new computer yesterday. I set it up and activated my account using my phone number, assuming it would let me add my email address later as i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DABarton, Jul 6, 2021.

1. DABarton Win User

I cannot add my email address to my account

I got a new computer yesterday. I set it up and activated my account using my phone number, assuming it would let me add my email address later as i could not remember the password for my email.I cannot add my email address because it's associated with a microsoft account, I cannot create a new account with my email address and log into that to remove the account i don't want either.I hate windows 10. I truly do. I have had nothing but problems with it since it installed itself on my old computer, and now, even with a brand new comnputer, I am still having stupid issues that would be easily so

:)

DABarton, Jul 6, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 6, 2021
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jul 6, 2021
  4. MT Alex Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! I cannot add my email address to my account :eek:

MT Alex, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. I cannot add my email address to my account - Similar Threads - cannot add email

2. When trying to add my ATT Yahoo email account with my email address in settings I get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to add my ATT Yahoo email account with my email address in settings I get...: When trying to add ATT Yahoo email account with my email address in Settings, I get 'connecting to a service' blank screen and nothing happens....
  3. When trying to add my ATT Yahoo email account with my email address in settings I get...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When trying to add my ATT Yahoo email account with my email address in settings I get...: When trying to add ATT Yahoo email account with my email address in Settings, I get 'connecting to a service' blank screen and nothing happens....
  4. When trying to add my ATT Yahoo email account with my email address in settings I get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  6. I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account: I added a new email address to my microsoft account. I know I added it, because I received the "verify account" email to my new email address. When I hit the 'confirm' verify link, the email is not verified, and the page just opens "View basic information about your...
  7. I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account

I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account: I added a new email address to my microsoft account. I know I added it, because I received the "verify account" email to my new email address. When I hit the 'confirm' verify link, the email is not verified, and the page just opens "View basic information about your...
  8. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...
  9. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  10. Cannot add another email address

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add another email address: Hi all,,I have not had this comp very long and I am trying to add another email address to windows 10 mail app. I have one which is******@outlook.com and is my Microsoft account, and another ********@btinternet.com, which both are working ok. I want another address not...