Windows 10: I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu

Discus and support I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with.prt files because I cannot add RMB context menu for .prt file types. I see nothing when RMB on file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alexa Thompson, Mar 6, 2019.

1. I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu

I have a problem with.prt files because I cannot add RMB context menu for .prt file types. I see nothing when RMB on file

:)

Alexa Thompson, Mar 6, 2019

2. Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

Hi All,

I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file.

I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet.

Link for question: [Removed by Moderator]

Thanks,

Samadhan

***Modified Title From: Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file***

samadhangaikwad, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, we would need some information regarding the issue.

1. Could you please let us know how exactly you are trying to add
      .PRT files to context menu?
    2. May I know the program you are using to work with
      .PRT
      files?
    3. Could you please let us know if you are able to see
      .prt sub key under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key in registry (Press
      Windows + R key and type regedit and press
      Enter
      )?

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the
    computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information. Please take
    a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

Link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

We await your response,

Manjunath_H, Mar 6, 2019
  4. I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu

1. I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu - Similar Threads - cannot add prt

2. Adding NEW file types to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding NEW file types to context menu: Hello, I would like to add file type .FC7 to my right click (context) NEW menu so I can open a new FastCad drawing in any folder. I found one link that showed how to do this, but it did not work for me. Basically it added a key under the HK_CLASSES_ROOT tree, adding a...
  3. How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added a feature on the File Explorer Options or Folder Options ribbon and mini window on Windows 10 which allows the user to either enable or disable the file extensions’ visibility in the File Explorer. However, some users [...] This post How...
  4. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  5. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  6. Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan ***Modified Title From: Unable...
  7. Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan...
  8. Show files extension toogle in context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Show files extension toogle in context menu: I wish I've had the option for toggle hide/show files extension by simply push left SHIFT for extended menu anywhere on empty space in a folder or desktop, and choosing it from there, rather than doing it by folder options or the explorer drop down menu with all extra...
  9. Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?

in Browsers and Email
    Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?: I've been having one or two problems with Firefox lately, and to be honest Edge and IE 11, and may want to add Chrome.. What I need is a context menu addition for Desktop URL's that launches them into a choice of browser. At the moment I can only launch into (For the...
  10. Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides...