Windows 10: I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos

Discus and support I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With Photos>Places, Onedrive always says " Oops, something went wrong" and presents a button that invites you to "retry" but it always fails. Yes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielHugos, Feb 19, 2021.

1. I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos

With Photos>Places, Onedrive always says " Oops, something went wrong" and presents a button that invites you to "retry" but it always fails. Yes indeed, obviously there is a problem. Though there is of course no indication what the "problem" may be.

Well-designed, clearly.

It worked fine a couple weeks ago.

I don't experience a problem with "All Photos."

By the way, it's ridiculous that OneDrive isn't included in any app lists. Stupid and pathetic.

Anyway, does anyone know the solution?

:)

DanielHugos, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 20, 2021
  4. I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos

Photos are not syncing to OneDrive

Hello pleonidas,

Thank you for your accurate response and for trying the steps.

This shows us that the auto-upload works normally, but only for photos that you take after switching the auto-upload on.

Of course, uploading manually 450 photos is completely unpractical so what I would suggest, is to sync your photos to your PC using the Windows Phone app.

Then of course, if you wish to upload them to Onedrive, you should be able to do that more easily from your PC. At least, your photos will be backed up.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gr., Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos

1. I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos - Similar Threads - Cannot Ask Places

2. I cannot view my Photos on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot view my Photos on OneDrive: I have raised this issue before but was not fixed.I cannot view my photos on OneDriveI GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in at the moment. Please try again later.The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication...
  3. I cannot view my Photos on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot view my Photos on OneDrive: I have raised this issue before but was not fixed.I cannot view my photos on OneDriveI GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in at the moment. Please try again later.The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication...
  4. Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed: Hi,Please see attached pic.On a Windows 10 machine local hard drive, photos can be viewed and browsed just fine with Microsoft default photos software.But when I copy the same folder to OneDrive - Photos can be viewed but cannot be browsed.Meaning, the right and left arrows...
  5. Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed: Hi,Please see attached pic.On a Windows 10 machine local hard drive, photos can be viewed and browsed just fine with Microsoft default photos software.But when I copy the same folder to OneDrive - Photos can be viewed but cannot be browsed.Meaning, the right and left arrows...
  6. Photo names & places

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo names & places: I'd love to know the names of the locations and respective photographer of the beautiful photos that come up on Windows 10 every time I log on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-names-places/a19cec6e-69cd-472a-bad1-3d74da39668a
  7. I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Cannot Ask for "Places" in Onedrive Photos: With Photos>Places, Onedrive always says " Oops, something went wrong" and presents a button that invites you to "retry" but it always fails. Yes indeed, obviously there is a problem. Though there is of course no indication what the "problem" may be. Well-designed, clearly....
  8. I don't know if this is the place to ask but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know if this is the place to ask but...: I've had my computer for 2 years, within those 2 years I've played countless hours of Minecraft with my friends. I can no longer play Minecraft due to a JNI error which I have done my best to fix. I can launch Minecraft just fine from Curseforge and Badlion Client yet...
  9. cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive: All my pictures from photo gallery and one drive have disappeard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-pictures-in-photo-gallery-or-onedrive/5bdaa0a7-ff66-43a1-b112-37711327bfd3
  10. Cannot see photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see photos in OneDrive: I use Microsoft Lumia Mobile and I have uploaded my photographs in One Drive but cannot see them. Why so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-photos-in-onedrive/61da45ed-460a-49d8-a81f-dd904cf73677"