Windows 10: I cannot backup, Install or update applications on my HP laptop with the Oct release of win 10

Discus and support I cannot backup, Install or update applications on my HP laptop with the Oct release of win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I all of a sudden cannot do any updates or add applications on my HP laptop. I noticed the problem a week ago and worked with the app tech support and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AugustDegner, Oct 26, 2020.

1. I cannot backup, Install or update applications on my HP laptop with the Oct release of win 10

I all of a sudden cannot do any updates or add applications on my HP laptop. I noticed the problem a week ago and worked with the app tech support and got no where. I noticed that I had a windows update pending so I installed it. This did not solve the problem, I got a message that the Oct release was available so I installed it. I still have the problem.. I am logged in as Administrator.

:)

AugustDegner, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2020
  3. HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, Oct 26, 2020
  4. I cannot backup, Install or update applications on my HP laptop with the Oct release of win 10

Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

I cannot backup, Install or update applications on my HP laptop with the Oct release of win 10

1. I cannot backup, Install or update applications on my HP laptop with the Oct release of win 10 - Similar Threads - cannot backup Install

2. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update: Does Microsoft intend to correct the problem with their October 23 update for Windows 10? My Dell desktop is installing the update to the very end then stops and says it can’t do it and backs out. Please advise if there’s any solutions to this problem. Currently my PC is not...
  3. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update: Does Microsoft intend to correct the problem with their October 23 update for Windows 10? My Dell desktop is installing the update to the very end then stops and says it can’t do it and backs out. Please advise if there’s any solutions to this problem. Currently my PC is not...
  4. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to install win 10 on HP laptop, stuck on this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install win 10 on HP laptop, stuck on this: [ATTACH] A friend of mine gifted me a pc with Linux derbian on, i installed win 7, because i wantend to update it to 10. So now I've runned the media creation tool and used an usb, but the whole screen looks now like this. Is there any possibility to fix this so i can use...
  6. I cannot install apps or update applications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install apps or update applications: This has been a consistent problem with windows for the past couple months and i didn't pay very much attention to it because i didnt have use for the store until now. I've tried every resolution you could think of WSreset, Resetting the application itself, reinstalling...
  7. Oct and Nov win updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct and Nov win updates: Various systems all win10 Pro, with Office 365 Bus Differing hardware Following win updates released Oct and Nov On all systems power/sleep settings failed ie systems do not now sleep/hibernate. MS Outlook default sounds eg on Delete have failed...
  8. cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10: [ATTACH] When I choose the default web app I don't see Chrome to make it the default :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-chrome-as-the-default-application/b5e27651-2031-4d7a-ab1c-b826be42aa4c
  9. Win 10 (Oct 2018) update forcing a driver installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 (Oct 2018) update forcing a driver installation.: Hi. I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad T400. It has an AMD display driver and Win 10 is forcing an installation of an update to the driver which blacks out the [ATTACH]display after installing. Yes, I can recover it through Safe Mode, but after booting, it again installs the same...
  10. Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update: I am having troubles to get to the clipboard on Windows 10. According to the updates I have read there are new setting to allow me to paste multiple save items and to share copy/paste amount multiple devices. I've looked under Settings but no love. I tried to Search it up...