Windows 10: I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...

Discus and support I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Saranya G, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Saranya G Win User

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error

:)

Saranya G, Jul 3, 2020
  2. JimmyVR Win User

Cannot create a single system image on a flash drive

Hi,

I've tried both:

• Create a system image: Windows looks for the drive and finds the flash drive but under it is an exclamation sign with "The drive is not a valid backup location." And "Next" is shaded, I cannot press it.
    • Windows backup: Setup backup:
      • The drive is in view, I select it then get the exclamation below "A system image cannot be saved on this location."
      • I can press "Next" (it will probably backup my folders...)
      • I press "more information" next to the exclamation: "Scheduled backup is not allowed on removable devices. You can try to save a single system image on this device by clicking "create system image" in the Windows 7 file recovery control panel." Of course,
        I cannot create a single system image on it.
    Thank you.

Update: I just found the same option I'd used the first time I created recovery media in Windows 8.1 - it was sort of 'hidden' in the control panel. Is this the option you were referring to?
    I am now creating a "Recovery Drive" on this same flash drive. I think when it's used, it restores the computer back to factory default (Windows 8). I would've preferred to be able to restore the system as is now. Anyway, thank you for this support.

JimmyVR, Jul 3, 2020
  3. usb flash drive not a valid backup location for system image for Windows 10

Hi

I am trying to take an image Backup using a USB- Cruzer Blade but it says me
    "usb flash drive not a valid backup location for system image"

How should I take an system image in a n USB??

jignesh r karakasia, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Odin99 Win User

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...

Windows Backup to flash drive

Intending to use Windows Backup to back up my hard drive onto my flash drive, I see that Windows does not allow creation of a system image to a flash drive. The only other option is to create a system repair disk--but that seems to provide only "system recovery
    tools" if there's no system image. Can I not use Windows Backup to back up my data onto my flash drive?

I know that I can back up my files by copying and pasting, but this is a laborious process that continually stops for files that can't be copied, and requires me to agree each time to exclude the file. If I can't use Windows backup, can you suggest an alternate
    program?

Odin99, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup... - Similar Threads - cannot backup image

2. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  3. usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location "

usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location ": trying to create sys image for new win10, attempt to write to a 64 gb ntfs formatted flash drive formatted with diskpart and rufus, same error "not a valid backup location this seems to be an ongoing problem based on all the comments. what is the resolution? does MS...
  4. Backup with a flash drive

Backup with a flash drive: How do I backup my everything on my computer with a flash drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-with-a-flash-drive/cf74c072-6d70-4648-94bd-9df6bb783f3d
  5. System Image Backup Drives

System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  6. Windows 10 - backup to flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - backup to flash drive: All of a sudden I'm getting a notice that my backup didn't complete. I've been using an Infinitive 32GB flash drive for backups for about 6 months now. It says it couldn't complete the backup because "The media is write protected." I've used 2 different flash drives & get...
  7. The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows: [ATTACH] USB drives were used for stored small files, perhaps music and videos too. The usual size was 2GB or 4GB. With time, they have advanced quite a lot and it is common to find USB sticks with a capacity of [...] This post The drive is not a valid backup location error...
  8. How to validate system image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to validate system image backup: A couple days ago I took a system image backup of Windows 10 to a 3TB drive - something unsupported in Windows 7 because of the 4k segment size. At least I think I took a backup - it did something for a long time. But I just looked at it and Windows says it's 0 bytes long. Is...
  9. Backup to Flash Drive

Backup to Flash Drive: I am experimenting backing up my personal documents on to a flash drive (no moving parts) rather than an external hard drive but I'm facing a problem creating folders on the flash drive. Say my computer is called XYZ, the external hard drive allows me to create folders, like...
  10. Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

Cannot backup system image to one of two drives: I have two external hard drives, WD-RED 2.0 TB, each is installed in a "Plugable" USB3-SATA-USASP1 SCSI Disk drive plugged into separate USB drives on my Dell Inspiron. (Drives F: and G*Smile The first is a tad full and will no longer fit another system image. So, I wanted to...