Windows 10: I cannot boot from my Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk I made

Discus and support I cannot boot from my Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk I made in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect. I used to use this backup program many years ago with good, solid results. But the past two times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Dioxazine, May 27, 2020.

1. Dioxazine Win User

I cannot boot from my Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk I made

I downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect. I used to use this backup program many years ago with good, solid results. But the past two times I've tried it I can't boot from the boot disk that I made.

All I see on the screen is black with maybe a blinking cursor.

During the setup of the boot disk I went into Advanced and saw there are several options you can choose from as far as recovery environment. I believe I chose the correct one.

But when I try to boot from the rescue disk all I end up staring at is a black screen.

I'm using Windows 8.1. Any tips?

:)

Dioxazine, May 27, 2020
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, May 27, 2020
  3. Cloned WIN10/64 Boot drive will not Boot! Boot volume stays OFFLINE

Rather than using the Macrium Reflect cloning process, I have had better success with this method:

1. Create an image of the old disk. Park it on an external disk.
    2. Create a Macrium Reflect USB rescue disk.
    3. Disconnect the old disk, connect the new disk.
    4. Boot the machine with the USB rescue disk.
    5. Restore the image onto the new disk.
    6. Boot the machine with only the new disk connected.

Frederik Long, May 27, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Booting/Fixing Windows 10 Disk.

The easiest/most reliable way to fix Windows boot problems has historically been Macrium Reflect's Fix Windows start problems utility. Probably the easiest way to make it is to make a bootable USB flash drive or DVD of Kyhi's recovery tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Boot into his recovery tools, run Macrium Reflect, under the restore menu will be the utility to fix Windows start problems. You will get a list of Windows installations that it finds then in the next step you will get a list of bootable partitions available for Macrium Reflect to fix.

You can also install Macrium Reflect free - but the fix Windows start utility is only available when you actually boot the computer from a Macrium Reflect rescue drive with Windows PE:
    Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot boot from my Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk I made - Similar Threads - cannot boot Macrium

2. Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect: I have not been able to carry out the first task with Macrium Reflect Free. After clicking Build it appears to be working for a while but every time it gets stuck while trying to create the WiFi function. After running continuously for a while Windows closes down, and nothing...
  3. Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect: I have not been able to carry out the first task with Macrium Reflect Free. After clicking Build it appears to be working for a while but every time it gets stuck while trying to create the WiFi function. After running continuously for a while Windows closes down, and nothing...
  4. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  5. How do I update a Macrium Reflect Rescue Flash Drive?

How do I update a Macrium Reflect Rescue Flash Drive?: Hi all, How do I update a Macrium Reflect rescue flash drive after a patch is released? Should I delete everything on the flash drive before running the Create Rescue Media wizard, or do I just update it without deleting anything? Is the procedure the same either way? I'm...
  6. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  7. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  9. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boot issue after macrum reflect restore