Windows 10: I cannot boot or open bios...

Discus and support I cannot boot or open bios... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys, I am out of options so I decided to post my problem here. My notebook is an HP Envy m6 notebook. A few days ago I was transferring data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Can Kutay Kahyaoglu, Apr 9, 2020.

1. I cannot boot or open bios...

Hello guys,

I am out of options so I decided to post my problem here. My notebook is an HP Envy m6 notebook. A few days ago I was transferring data from my laptop to external hard drive. During this transaction, my explorer.exe stopped working so I forced it to close CNTRL+ALT+DEL and I typed "explorer.exe" to the run bar in order to re-open. While I was doing this my external hard drive was still plugged. After I typed explorer.exe and click on run nothing happened, there was a just black screen. So again by using CNTRL+ALT+DEL, I clicked on restart. Shutting down the windows took so much time so I pressed on the power button for 10 seconds and forced to close. When I tried to re-open my notebook was unable to boot Infinite loading screen or enter the bios settings.

So far I tried;

• When it is starting, pressed F2 > BIOS Management. I tried to do System Quick Test but my notebook froze. Every time I tried, it just froze.
    • I tried to BIOS Rollback and Update but I got "Unable to open BIOS Signature file" error
    • CMOS Restart and I got " The CMOS checksum is invalid" CMOS RESET 502 error
    • I waited an hour to boot.
    • Also "Preparing Automatic Repair" does not work.
    • I tried to boot with one ram but still nothing.

If I can access the bios I can try recovery mode but I cannot enter bios. I hope I explained my issue clearly.. Thank you for your time..

:)

Can Kutay Kahyaoglu, Apr 9, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Apr 9, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

I cannot boot or open bios...

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

I cannot boot or open bios...

1. I cannot boot or open bios... - Similar Threads - cannot boot open

2. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue. I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled. I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so...
  3. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue. I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled. I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so...
  4. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue.I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled.I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so I...
  6. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue.I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled.I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so I...
  7. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Opening in BIOS when booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening in BIOS when booting: Hey guys so when I start my PC or restarting it, it goes into BIOS and on the BOOTING menu I sometimes have just the hard disk and sometimes just the SSD showed up. Any ideas on how to repair this? submitted by /u/PirvuRaduAlex [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu: Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation that I'm having... So I want to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10, but I'm having major difficulties. I have used the Windows Media Creation Tool to make my bootable Windows 10 USB but I...
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open bios signature file