Windows 10: I cannot boot to UEFI any more, I always end on Windows login screen

Discus and support I cannot boot to UEFI any more, I always end on Windows login screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, My PC behaves unexpectedly. I want to enter UEFI, but when I boot up my PC the screen stays black until the Windows login screen is reached. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SchlauFuchs, Apr 12, 2021.

1. I cannot boot to UEFI any more, I always end on Windows login screen

Hello,

My PC behaves unexpectedly. I want to enter UEFI, but when I boot up my PC the screen stays black until the Windows login screen is reached. I cannot enter UEFI with any trick known to me.

Things already tried:

• Pressing/Holding DEL, F1, F2, F8 during startup
    • Special shutdown through start menu, troubleshooting, " UEFI Firmware settings"
    • admin command line shutdown /r /fw /t 0
    • EZ Update in AI Suite 3 to update the UEFI bios, which forces a reset
    • Turning off fast boot in the power button settings

The system is a Ryzen 9 3950X on an Asus ROG Crossfire VIII Hero Wifi, with 32GB Corsair RAM, Asus RTX 2080 Ti as GPU, boot drive are two SSD in software raid.

This worked before, the problem must have evolved in the last two months (I do not reboot that often)

Any more ideas how the force a system into UEFI - or at least show me a boot splash screen?

submitted by /u/SchlauFuchs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SchlauFuchs, Apr 12, 2021

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Apr 12, 2021
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

I cannot boot to UEFI any more, I always end on Windows login screen [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Apr 12, 2021
  4. regan1985 Win User

I cannot boot to UEFI any more, I always end on Windows login screen

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

I cannot boot to UEFI any more, I always end on Windows login screen

1. I cannot boot to UEFI any more, I always end on Windows login screen - Similar Threads - cannot boot UEFI

2. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  3. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  4. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cannot login as the screen goes blur.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot login as the screen goes blur.: I cannot login as the screen goes blur. If I click ease of Access then none of the keys work. How to login? I am using Dell PC with Windows 10 1903 version...
  6. I cannot access login screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot access login screen on Windows 10: This happened after a windows 10 update. When I press any button the welcome screen goes fuzzy, showing only power, network and 'ease of access' buttons in bottom right corner, but after 30 seconds it returns to the welcome screen. I tried to reboot in safe mode (holding...
  7. Cannot UEFI boot on another drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot UEFI boot on another drive: Hello, I am using a laptop with 2 drives. Lets call them Disk0 and Disk1. On both disk I have installed windows pro. I thought i could simply tell in the BIOS on which drive to boot but it did not work like that, so I decided to install AIOBoot and Clover on a Fat32...
  8. Cannot boot to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot to login: So all I get is the black screen and rotating dots. Simple issue I've had before Only this time instead of taking me to the diagnostics page where I can repair it, it just says "preparing automatic repair" goes black and puts me back on the black screen with rotating dots....
  9. Sign in screen is not there any more since I updated the BIOS.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in screen is not there any more since I updated the BIOS.: I have always had to sign in before using Win 10. Now all of the sudden I do not have to sign in. What caused the change? Is something wrong with my computer ?...
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...