Windows 10: I cannot boot up Win10

Discus and support I cannot boot up Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Every1: After huge horror with my PC which ended with coming back to Win7 (some of PC components due to its age were not supported by Win10) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jadom, Apr 20, 2016.

1. jadom Win User

I cannot boot up Win10

Hello Every1:

After huge horror with my PC which ended with coming back to Win7 (some of PC components due to its age were not supported by Win10) I am facing huge problem with Win10 again. This time on my laptop.

I was happy Win10 user for a good few months. Several days ago I did install W10 important updates (I don't know what it was). After this my horror begun. Since then I cannot boot my laptop. It goes to W10 logo (sometimes goes further to violet screen) and unexpectly shoots down. I have to push "Power" button to start it but it goes to point mentioned above and stops again. No any safe mode or other restore either repair options work. It simply turns off right after choosing any of these forms.

I suspect that it has something to do with "Hibernate" mode I was using with no problem up to the moment of update. But I have no chance to check/fix it as I cannot boot this damn thing up.

Any idea, folks how to force this thing to work without using a sledge hammer?*Mad

:)

jadom, Apr 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Blue Screen - critical_structure_corruption

I cannot use driver verifier! After setting up all the parameters and rebooting the machine the OS won't fully boot. It stops at the Win10 logo and there are no turning circles...

Bike-Discount, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Cannot boot Win10

That didn't help, same thing again. Starts diagnosing, then repair and then retarts and i get message on startup INVALID PARTITION TABLE again

NikolaBuza, Apr 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I cannot boot up Win10

What I would do, if you have space on the hard drive:

You'll need two USB flash drives or blank DVDs. One will be Windows 10 install media created either from Media Creation Tool or ISO from Microsoft Tech Bench. The other will be Kyhi's recovery drive. Boot the computer from Kyhi's recovery drive flash drive or DVD. Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to shrink the Windows partition by 50GB, making the free space at the end of the partition is easier/quicker than from the front. Don't forget to click the apply button!

When you have 50GB free space on the hard drive, boot the computer from the Windows 10 installation flash drive or DVD. Select the custom install option. Install Windows 10 to the 50GB free space you created.

See how the computer acts on the fresh install of Windows 10 - this will not affect your old Windows 10. In fact, it should set up dual booting. Then we will go from there.

Kyhi's recovery drive:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool:
    Windows 10

Microsoft Tech Bench:
    Tech Bench

NavyLCDR, Apr 20, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    Try this...click on Win logo + R....type msconfig in Run and click on highlighted and run (as shown in attachment)

dencal, Apr 20, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just curious - at what point do you expect him to press Win key + R to open a run dialog? You have to be booted all the way into Windows for Win key + R to work to open the run dialog.

NavyLCDR, Apr 20, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    Read his post....Quote No any safe mode or other restore either repair options work. It simply turns off right after choosing any of these forms.
    This would suggest he gained access to his computer.

dencal, Apr 20, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I cannot boot up Win10

You didn't answer my question. At what point in the boot process do you expect him to press Win + R keys? It is clear from his OP that he never gets to a desktop or start screen. The computer powers off by itself before then.

NavyLCDR, Apr 20, 2016
  9. dencal Win User
    What is this, a bloody inquisition, I offered a suggestion going on what I interpreted from his post, as explained in my previous post.

dencal, Apr 20, 2016
  10. RWOne Win User
    "Since then I cannot boot my laptop. It goes to W10 logo (sometimes goes further to violet screen) and unexpectly shoots down."

He cant reach the lock / logon screen, let alone the desktop.

RWOne, Apr 20, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Nope, just trying to help out the OP. You told him to try Win key + R but you never told him when to try it. If he does not get to a desktop or start screen in Windows 10, when do you want him to press Win key + R? It's a simple question, that's all. Does he do it at the computer manufacturer's logo screen immediately after turning on power? Does he do it at Windows logo with the rotating dots? If he can get into the recovery menu, does he do it there? To my knowledge, Win key + R only brings up the run dialog from the desktop or the Start screen, which the OP claims he cannot get to. So I am trying to figure out if I have something missing in my knowledge.

Which is exactly why I am asking when the OP is supposed to press the Win + R key.

NavyLCDR, Apr 20, 2016
  12. RWOne Win User
    Oh yes, we're on the same page. ... Darn, no new build today, now I have to find something to do for the afternoon ...

RWOne, Apr 20, 2016
  13. jadom Win User

I cannot boot up Win10

Hello NavyLCDR:
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'm gonna try it shortly. Saying the other way: Win10 is my very first system which causes so many serious problems. My adventure with Windows started from Win3.1 and I went through all of them with exception of Win8 (and 8.1) including WinNT and Win2000. I had no major problems with any of them. Just this Win10. So I don't know what to think about it.

jadom, Apr 20, 2016
  14. jadom Win User
    Hello dencal:
    No reason to get mad. Navy is right. I can't go after your suggestion because I simply can't get booted. Power goes off at some moment while booting. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. But always before welcome screen shows up.
    But thanks anyway for your try.*Biggrin

jadom, Apr 20, 2016
  15. jadom Win User
    Oooops. It looks like we have problem. Power goes off while loading files from bootable Kyhi's DVD. IS this hardware problem? Computer is powered via power supply. Battery indicator shows battery 100% full. What can be wrong? And how to test it?

jadom, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

I cannot boot up Win10

1. I cannot boot up Win10 - Similar Threads - cannot boot Win10

2. How can I repair Win10 which cannot be booted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I repair Win10 which cannot be booted?: A sequence of errors: My machine has been running Win10 Pro fine for years. I leave it running 24/7. One day, after being idle for several days, I was using it and it became slow. I have not recently installed anythingI rebooted and got a 0xc0000102 error about a corrupted...
  3. How can I repair Win10 which cannot be booted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I repair Win10 which cannot be booted?: A sequence of errors: My machine has been running Win10 Pro fine for years. I leave it running 24/7. One day, after being idle for several days, I was using it and it became slow. I have not recently installed anythingI rebooted and got a 0xc0000102 error about a corrupted...
  4. How can I repair Win10 which cannot be booted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot boot Win10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot boot Win10 Recovery USB: I have a HP laptop that will not boot, and I cannot get it to boot to the win10 recovery USB USB boot works - can boot to Ubuntu Live USB and works fine. Tried creating USB with Windows Media Tool Tried creating UEFI (GPT) and BIOS(MBR) USB with Rufus Tried booting all...
  6. Error after booting up win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error after booting up win10: I am getting this error everytime i bootup windows 10. this started after i restored win 10 Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-after-booting-up-win10/bae47a44-b68a-4f38-b601-cdac9f45f071
  7. Dual boot Win10 and XP screw up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win10 and XP screw up: I have a play system with Win10 installed and wanted to put XP on it as well and be able to dual boot. Of course I've done it the wrong way round and wonder if there's anyway to recover from my screw up without reloading WIn10, which is not a big deal anyway, just time...
  8. I cannot boot up Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot boot up Win10: Hello Every1: After huge horror with my PC which ended with coming back to Win7 (some of PC components due to its age were not supported by Win10) I am facing huge problem with Win10 again. This time on my laptop. I was happy Win10 user for a good few months. Several...
  9. Cannot Boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Boot up: Win 10 home 64 bit (upgrade from win 7) Just turned on a normal and the laptop will not boot. It is not dead, the Windows logo appears and below it the circle of dots going round, and that's as far as it gets. Feels like it's looking for something. Managed to get into...
  10. Win10 Boot Up Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Boot Up Problem: Hi All I have a problem when booting up PC screen comes up with time and date. it asks me to enter Pin or Password I set a pin when installing the problem is the keyboard isn't operational to enter either. I did notice after a while a clock like symbol bottom right clicked...