Windows 10: I cannot browse network shares anymore and I see many entries like...

Discus and support I cannot browse network shares anymore and I see many entries like... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On one of my client laptops Win10 - 2004, I cannot browse to shares on several of my NAS systems anymore. Recreating shares doesn't help. I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Me__Too, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Me__Too Win User

I cannot browse network shares anymore and I see many entries like...

On one of my client laptops Win10 - 2004, I cannot browse to shares on several of my NAS systems anymore. Recreating shares doesn't help. I can only access them by IP address. What I do see in my file explorer when I type "\\" is a whole lot of entries like "\\Provider\Microsoft.Networking.SSDP//uuid". Tried all kinds of cleanups in registry editor, but nothing helps. On two other systems there are no issues.

:)

Me__Too, Oct 12, 2020

2. Network shares unaccessible, or network not visible anymore, a lot of netowkring problems

Hi,

in past month I've had dozen of issues reported from different clients, all related to networking malfunction, mostly after some Windows updates. The symptoms are:

• One client reports that majority of Windows PCs in their LAN simply do not see servers and network shares anymore. Hovever, if they manually type UNC path \\SERVER\Share into Windows Explorer, they CAN reach the share. But 100+ people were
      used to simply browse the network and navigate to desired share that way. Now most of PCs do not see ANY computer on network anymore.
    • Another client reports, that approximatelly half of computers do not have access permissions to network shares anymore. When they navigate to network share, they get error, something like this:

\\share is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use the network resource....

The problem is, that they are not asked for permissions anymore, like it was in the past. Those are variety of PCs, some Win7, mostly Win10 Pro, some updated to latest 2004, but most of them on 1909 or lower. Server was NOT updated, at least
      not manually.
    • Another client cannot access RDP connections anymore from some 30% of their PCs. They have a bunch of RDP connections from one PC to another due to the nature of their business, but all RDPs are within LAN. Now all of the sudden some PCs
      simply throw RDP error, like:

Remote desktop cannot connect to remote computer for one of these reasons....

I would understand if this was ONE PC. But no, involved are so many computers, different branch, different OS versions, I simply cannot find any pattern.
    • Then a lot of clients report, that their network scanner simply does not want to scan to SMB anymore. Newer scanners, using SMBv2 or v3, but simply no go.
    Is it full moon or what?

I suspect Microsoft disabled some networking features silently in background, maybe some minor updates in the background, which had major consequences. Anybody knows of something like this in past month or two?

AndrejPirman, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 12, 2020
  4. I cannot browse network shares anymore and I see many entries like...

Network and Sharing

Hi Senay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is almost similar like other Windows Operating Systems.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Search>> Type Network and Sharing center>> Click on it to open (click on Change advanced sharing settings).
    • Then you will find the options to change it to Public.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

I cannot browse network shares anymore and I see many entries like...

1. I cannot browse network shares anymore and I see many entries like... - Similar Threads - cannot browse network

2. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  3. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  4. I cannot browse for networks while creating a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot browse for networks while creating a shortcut: I can no longer see networks while trying to create a shortcut on my desktop. It worked until about three hours ago.I only see these two folders and no shared network devices.File Explorer does show networks and previously created shortcuts still work.I have two Win 11 and...
  5. I cannot browse for networks while creating a shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot browse for networks while creating a shortcut: I can no longer see networks while trying to create a shortcut on my desktop. It worked until about three hours ago.I only see these two folders and no shared network devices.File Explorer does show networks and previously created shortcuts still work.I have two Win 11 and...
  6. I cannot see shared files on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot see shared files on network: I am unable to access the shared folders of my Lenovo PC. But I am able to access other systems shared folders from this PC. I got a message The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected...
  7. Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore

Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore: Used to be able to see and access my share drives of various computers on my private network using file manager; but not any more. Could it be the latest Windows 10 updates have something to do with it? All computers are running Windows 10 or Win 10 Pro. Please help....
  8. Cannot see my shared pc on network

Cannot see my shared pc on network: Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc... Now i have about 8-9 pcs running on windows 7 in this network...i can see all the networked pcs on my windows 10 pc but on other computers...
  9. Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares

Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares: I have a relatively simple network that consists of a couple Windows 10 PCs, Android devices and Raspberry Pis. For some reason I cannot access the shares provided by the PIs from anything but the android devices. It says they are in WORKGROUP (using Kodi) but they simply...
  10. Can't browse network shares?

Can't browse network shares?: After 1511 update this morning and changing nothing else, I can no longer access \\computername.... What gives? Any suggestions? 30384