Windows 10: I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV

Discus and support I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an MSI GS66 Stealth 10sf i7-10750h RTX 2070 max q laptop. It has the intel AX201 wifi adapter. I can cast from my other laptops and devices to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LongDongleKyle, May 23, 2024.

1. I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV

I have an MSI GS66 Stealth 10sf i7-10750h RTX 2070 max q laptop. It has the intel AX201 wifi adapter. I can cast from my other laptops and devices to my LG EF9500 tv. I have put many hours into trying to solve this. I've tried many different drivers for both the wifi adapter and the graphics. I've tried on both 5ghz and 2.4. I've tried both windows 10 and 11. I've tried reinstalling windows multiple times. I'm at a loss for what to do. I must have this working, it is essential for my business to give presentations wirelessly. The pc can see the tv and tries to connect but it always fails. All

:)

LongDongleKyle, May 23, 2024
  2. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV [​IMG]

I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV [​IMG]

Thanks

dzigner, May 23, 2024
  3. Cast to tv

Hello, I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

For WIndows 11 Mirroring screen instead of casting to TV try this fix:

Other ways:

https://www.technewstoday.com/cast-to-tv-on-win...

https://windowsreport.com/how-to-screen-share-w...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-project-laptop-to...

How to Connect Windows 11 to TV Wirelessly Using Miracast

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), May 23, 2024
  4. Junaid_A Win User

I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Hi Donald,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the steps listed below to cast Desktop screen:

• Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV and both the devices are On.
    • Expand the Google Cast extension icon and select
      ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option.
    • When prompted to cast entire screen,
      Accept and click on ‘Share’.
    • Open ‘Photos App’ to mirror photos on the PC.

You may search for an app that can cast your media to any
    Google Cast device on your favorite search engine, and install it from the Store.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 23, 2024
Thema:

I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV

1. I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV - Similar Threads - cannot cast screen

2. I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot cast or screen share from my laptop to my TV: I have an MSI GS66 Stealth 10sf i7-10750h RTX 2070 max q laptop. It has the intel AX201 wifi adapter. I can cast from my other laptops and devices to my LG EF9500 tv. I have put many hours into trying to solve this. I've tried many different drivers for both the wifi adapter...
  3. Casting from HP Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Casting from HP Laptop to TV: Hi guys.Is there any way I can cast from my Laptop to my TV?When I click cast on my laptop, it recognizes the TV, it connects to the TV, but the TV goes black.Anyone have any tips/ideas. All drivers on the Laptop are up to date as far as I know. Running Windows 11....
  4. Casting from HP Laptop to TV

Casting from HP Laptop to TV: Hi guys.Is there any way I can cast from my Laptop to my TV?When I click cast on my laptop, it recognizes the TV, it connects to the TV, but the TV goes black.Anyone have any tips/ideas. All drivers on the Laptop are up to date as far as I know. Running Windows 11....
  5. Cannot cast from laptop in WIndows 10 to my chromecast on tv.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot cast from laptop in WIndows 10 to my chromecast on tv.: All threads seem to be locked. New to WIndows 10 and I see no icon, no option to cast to my chromecast on tv from my laptop? Thankful that I have wireless and using no data. I was apple to use an app on android and cast to tv from a url, but cannot do it from my windows10...
  6. Cannot cast my phone's screen on my windows laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot cast my phone's screen on my windows laptop.: So whenever I try to cast my phone's screen on my laptop it doesn't work for some reason. My laptop shows up on the list but when I select it it loads for a bit and then it starts looking for other device and my laptop doesn't show up anymore until I disconnect the WiFi and...
  7. CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV: CASTING from laptop to TV begins well but pauses every 2 minutes. "Continue Watching"? appears on screen> unless I click YES, casting never resumes. Used to cast for hours until this week. CASTING...
  8. Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I have a Vizio smart TV with Chromecast attached. I am able to cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast. How can I cast from this laptop to the TV?...
  9. Cannot Cast to Roku TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Cast to Roku TV: Hi there, I know this is a subject that still has some grey areas, but I was recently trying to cast my windows 10 PC to my new roku TV and whenever I attempted to connect I always got the error message "Couldnt connect" after a few seconds of attempting to. my PC is a...
  10. Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV: Hello I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV. I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work....