Windows 10: I cannot change my default apps. windows keeps changing them back to its own

Discus and support I cannot change my default apps. windows keeps changing them back to its own in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot change my default apps. windows keeps changing them back to its own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanneWerther, Apr 16, 2019.

1. I cannot change my default apps. windows keeps changing them back to its own

I cannot change my default apps. windows keeps changing them back to its own

:)

JeanneWerther, Apr 16, 2019

2. Windows10 Keeps Changing my Default Apps

Hi Carol,

There is a certain option in Settings where you can change the default apps for a specific file type. For example, your .psd file can be opened by a certain app as a default while the other file types can be opened by a different app. You can manually change
    it by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I.
    • Select Apps, and then Default apps.
    • Select Choose default apps by file type.
    • From there, scroll down to the file type that you want to change the default app.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Apr 16, 2019
  3. w1ksz Win User
    PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

I complained about this a while ago and followed the suggestion of another ListMember. Well, like the Borg, Windows
    has adapted.

I prefer Adobe for my pdf reader, but as many times as I change the default to Adobe, Windows keeps changing it
    back to Edge (lousy pdf reader).

How can I put a stake into this thing and keep the deafault app I want.

Thanks,

Richard S.

w1ksz, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. I cannot change my default apps. windows keeps changing them back to its own - Similar Threads - cannot change default

2. Time formatting keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time formatting keeps changing on its own.: Hello,I have a problem with my windows 11. I change my time format to 24:00 and it keeps changing on its own back to 12:00 AM/PM.I keep changing it back and also tried to change it in every account that I use via the settings of each Microsoft account individually.Any ideas...
  3. Time formatting keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time formatting keeps changing on its own.: Hello,I have a problem with my windows 11. I change my time format to 24:00 and it keeps changing on its own back to 12:00 AM/PM.I keep changing it back and also tried to change it in every account that I use via the settings of each Microsoft account individually.Any ideas...
  4. Fonts on apps changing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts on apps changing on its own: Hi, the last couple days my laptop has been acting weird. All my apps in the morning after being shut down for the night change their font on their own. I cannot read this font as well as the default one. Chrome, spotify, discord, and many other apps have been doing this. How...
  5. Windows 10 default printer changes on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 default printer changes on its own: Below are methods that I have found and already tried with no success in fixing the issue. The PC also has the latest Windows updates. I have removed the printers and re-added them as well. This has not resolved the issue. Any advice is welcome. Thanks! Method 1: I suggest...
  6. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  7. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

in Windows 10 Support
    My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  8. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default mail app keeps opening on its own: The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app with windows powershell and now chrome opens...
  9. Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default: My default sources keep changing from the sources that I choose. Also, the photos app keeps recreating the pictures library in the C:\Users\UserHere directory even though I changed it over to another drive. I've also already tried uninstalling the photos app via Windows...
  10. Default printer keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Support
    Default printer keeps changing on its own.: I have a Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo directly connected by USB and a HP LaserJet 4100DTN connected by Ethernet. The HP is the default printer but *every time* I print a label to the Dymo, Windows 10 automatically changes it to be the default printer that all other programs...