Windows 10: I cannot change my Strict NAT type on my PC

Discus and support I cannot change my Strict NAT type on my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using 2 routers. First one is technicolor 2015 from my ISP. Because of their low range for WIFI i'm using aTenda W303R router. Now to make clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Argos C., May 21, 2020.

1. Argos C. Win User

I cannot change my Strict NAT type on my PC

I'm using 2 routers.

First one is technicolor 2015 from my ISP. Because of their low range for WIFI i'm using aTenda W303R router.
    Now to make clear how is my PC connected, well it's wired, and the NET cable for internet from my PC goes to theTenda router, then from Tenda router another NET cable to the first routerTechnicolor in order to connect them both so the Tenda can have internet in order to give Wifi, and internet to my PC.

I'VE TRIED PORT FORWARDING AND NONE OF THAT WORKED.

I'm quoting some words from an user that helps, but i would like other opinions so you can confirm is it true or give me opinions to solve this issue.

"

Do you have a public or private IP address?

1.Sign in to your router settings.

2.Access either the status page or WAN settings page.

3.Verify or record the WAN or Internet IP address.

4.On your computer, go to the What Is My IP Address site or the IPmarker site to verify your public IP address.

5.Compare this IP address to the one that you recorded from your router in step 3.

If the IP addresses match, then your router is being assigned a public IP address andopen NAT should bepossible. If the IP addresses do not match, then your ISP is supplying you with a private IP address andopen NAT will not be possible under the current configuration. "

So i checked and my IP's were totally different from each other.

WAN Connection type of the Technicolor router is DHCP

I cannot change my Strict NAT type on my PC 3dde412e-1d4c-41b6-a9ec-f10b676154aa?upload=true.jpg ___

I'm showing how is TENDA connected below:

I cannot change my Strict NAT type on my PC 77bf5a7a-7da7-42fd-af7c-5ed6ecb7f2e3?upload=true.jpg

I cannot change my Strict NAT type on my PC 1fd98235-a7a4-450c-b3c5-e5a3a7fc98eb?upload=true.jpg

How can i resolve this issue?

:)

Argos C., May 21, 2020

2. nat type

Hi,

If your NAT type shows Moderate, this is a good state. However, you may still have issues communicating or playing with other people who have Moderate or Strict NAT settings. To open your NAT settings, you may follow the steps
    under Open network ports using port forwarding on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, May 21, 2020
  3. State Of Decay 2: Xbox multiplayer NAT type shows Strict

I have a desktop at home and a laptop at home, recently been trying to play State Of Decay 2 multiplayer at home between both computers but to no avail. Here are the information:

1. Desktop

• On the XBOX app on Windows 10 PC shows NAT type: "Open"
    • Desktop is connected to internet through LAN cable from an ASUS router RT-AC87U
    • Able to receive party invites, able to join friend invited game

2. Laptop

• On the XBOX app on Windows 10 PC shows NAT type: "Strict"
    • Desktop is connected to internet through ASUS router RT-AC87U wireless network
    • Not able to receive party invites, or game invite from Desktop.
    Router was set to enable UPnP.

Can anyone enlighten me how do i fix the Laptop issue. Or is it the Desktop problem?

Luciferoph85, May 21, 2020
  4. Hellfire Win User

Problems with MW2: Nat type Strict?

I am suprised no one else has suggested this but take a lot here, indepth guides for both port forwarding and setting a static I.P Address

How to Setup a Static IP Address in XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Game Consoles - Setting up a Static I.P DO NOT SKIP

Setup a port forward in your router to allow incoming connections for multiplayer games, VOIP, DVR, and security cameras. Then go to here, select your router, then the game and it'll tell you how to open the ports which will stop the strict NAT.

Hellfire, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot change my Strict NAT type on my PC - Similar Threads - cannot change Strict

2. How to change NAT type in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change NAT type in windows 11?: In windows 10 there used to be FIX IT button which could easily fix the NAT type. Is there any similar button in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-nat-type-in-windows-11/d87a7c9f-d4f4-4325-a412-32e95b8564aa
  3. How to change NAT type in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change NAT type in windows 11?: In windows 10 there used to be FIX IT button which could easily fix the NAT type. Is there any similar button in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-nat-type-in-windows-11/d87a7c9f-d4f4-4325-a412-32e95b8564aa
  4. How to change NAT type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change NAT type?: Hi, I installed Minecraft For Windows 10 and I logged in my Microsoft account. I could join some servers but when I changed to Friends tab, I couldn't join my friend's world. I've asked in Minecraft Support Community and they said that I have to change my NAT type. But I'm...
  5. How to change NAT type?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change NAT type?: Hi, I installed Minecraft For Windows 10 and I logged in my Microsoft account. I could join some servers but when I changed to Friends tab, I couldn't join my friend's world. I've asked in Minecraft Support Community and they said that I have to change my NAT type. But I'm...
  6. i cant modify my PC's NAT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cant modify my PC's NAT: i tried everything to change my PC's NAT so my friends can join my minecraft world, but nothing worked, i can join servers or join other worlds, but i cant host worlds apparently. 2 days ago it worked fine and i didnt touch anything on my PC but now it doesnt work anymore and...
  7. How to change NAT type from strict to open if the solutions in the troubleshoot page didn't...

How to change NAT type from strict to open if the solutions in the troubleshoot page didn't...: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-social-activity/parties-chat/troubleshoot-multiplayer-gameThese solutions didn't help. NAT type is still strict with any of them. How to change it to open?...
  8. My NAT Type says Teredo is unable to qualify

My NAT Type says Teredo is unable to qualify: On my PC that is connected with a Ethernet cable it says under Xbox Live Multiplayer, NAT Type is Teredo is unable to qualify and my Server connectivity says Blocked and I have checked the NAT type and Server connectivity on another PC and it all worked the NAT Type says...
  9. Xbox server connectivity blocked and NAT is strict

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox server connectivity blocked and NAT is strict: This morning, I went to go play some Horizon 4 and realized I couldn't connect to Horizon Life, so I went into the Xbox app and it came up as saying that my NAT was strict and that my connection to the Xbox server was blocked. I've looked online and have tried multiple fixes...
  10. Teredo and NAT type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teredo and NAT type: Hi, I have been having issues with the Teredo Tunneling Adapter for a couple of months now. It is missing from Device Manager and I cannot use Xbox party chat. In the Xbox Networking section in Settings, it says Teredo is unable to qualify and that server connectivity is...