Windows 10: I cannot change OneDrive folder name

Discus and support I cannot change OneDrive folder name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I already had a folder called "OneDrive-1" under user folder and I was using it for my main OneDrive folder. So, "My Documents" and "Picture"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HamidrezaMirkhani, May 15, 2020.

1. I cannot change OneDrive folder name

Hi,

I already had a folder called "OneDrive-1" under user folder and I was using it for my main OneDrive folder. So, "My Documents" and "Picture" folders are referring to this folder. The alias shows "OneDrive" and not "OneDrive-1", but now I want to change the folder name back to default, i.e. to OneDrive again.
    First of all, I cannot change it in explorer. So I tried to rename it using command line using adming prev. ren OneDrive-1 OneDrive, but I got this error "Access is denied.". Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hamid

:)

HamidrezaMirkhani, May 15, 2020

2. Changing Folders Names in OneDrive

Hi there, I know that OneDrive forums are locked until June 20th, but I have a little confusion about changing names on folders, because I've installed some apps there so, maybe I was wondering if I change the name of the folder that is on the Path to let
    a program or app works as usual; for example, I have a program installed on "JOSE FILES", and then I change the name folder to "Files"; will cause problems?

Note: I've already change the name to "Files", but I didn't open any app because I wanna ask first, but when I did change the name, my PC had work a little bit more than usual.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker I cannot change OneDrive folder name :p.

Jose Alfredo Pinto Villamar, May 15, 2020
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

I cannot change OneDrive folder name ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 15, 2020
  4. I cannot change OneDrive folder name

name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, May 15, 2020
Thema:

I cannot change OneDrive folder name

1. I cannot change OneDrive folder name - Similar Threads - cannot change OneDrive

2. OneDrive folder named ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder named "": Hello, if anyone know how can this folder "" was created inside my OneDrive account. It was created last October 2023 and the thing is I don't have Japanese keyboard, language, setting related in my windows 11 PC. I also clearly did not created this folder. It translated...
  3. OneDrive folder named ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive folder named "": Hello, if anyone know how can this folder "" was created inside my OneDrive account. It was created last October 2023 and the thing is I don't have Japanese keyboard, language, setting related in my windows 11 PC. I also clearly did not created this folder. It translated...
  4. Stopped OneDrive, Now I Cannot Change Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopped OneDrive, Now I Cannot Change Folder Locations: I have searched everywhere and I can't find a way to fix this frustrating problem. I don't see why OneDrive is a default on any Windows installation because it sucks. I want to save my files locally, NOT in the cloud where I am only allotted 5GB whereas my SSD has 2TB and my...
  5. Stopped OneDrive, Now I Cannot Change Folder Locations

Stopped OneDrive, Now I Cannot Change Folder Locations: I have searched everywhere and I can't find a way to fix this frustrating problem. I don't see why OneDrive is a default on any Windows installation because it sucks. I want to save my files locally, NOT in the cloud where I am only allotted 5GB whereas my SSD has 2TB and my...
  6. The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents": In Windows, the name of one of my OneDrive folders is showing as Documents intead of its folder name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-name-of-one-of-my-onedrive-folders-has/38637d49-dc70-4fcb-8d27-cd505f175a0d
  7. The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents"

The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents": In Windows, the name of one of my OneDrive folders is showing as Documents intead of its folder name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-name-of-one-of-my-onedrive-folders-has/38637d49-dc70-4fcb-8d27-cd505f175a0d
  8. The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  10. My Documents folder name changed when I synched it to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents folder name changed when I synched it to Onedrive: I have a brand new machine that I'm just now getting set up after my old machine crashed. When I was initially setting up my Onedrive, I didn't realize that I was syncing the files I'd already uploaded to Onedrive back onto the new machine. Afterwards, as best as I can...