Windows 10: I cannot change remove the read only from z:\itunes

Discus and support I cannot change remove the read only from z:\itunes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 1000s of files to sort and can't select more than one file in itunes when the folder has the read only attribute. Z: is my 14.66GB Raid 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by barfthemawg, Apr 2, 2020.

1. I cannot change remove the read only from z:\itunes

I have 1000s of files to sort and can't select more than one file in itunes when the folder has the read only attribute.

Z: is my 14.66GB Raid 5 array. I have changed the ownership to everyone. I have edited itunes folder attrib in cmd. It does not work. I added my specific account. Everyone in the security tab has full control. I use inherited permissions or if I don't, either way the box stays checked. I tried to remove the read only from z:\itunes\audiobooks\christopher mcdougall and then do the same for each author as I go down the list but it always reverts back to read only.

Please give me a powershell command to try?

:)

barfthemawg, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

System Z

Hello,

For this issue, we'll be needing more information regarding this System Z that you are having issues with. Kindly provide more details, and answer the following information:

• Is this System Z a program, system file, an unrecognized disk drive, or hardware/device?
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the appearance of this System Z?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    If you could also provide a screenshot, that would be much helpful in further assessing this issue. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Apr 2, 2020
  3. RickC Win User
    iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Apr 2, 2020
  4. I cannot change remove the read only from z:\itunes

Can't upgrade, install or remove iTunes once Windows 10 installed

Hi Rosie,

I realize that you are facing issues with the iTunes on Windows 10 PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with iTunes?

• What is the error message you get while trying to update iTunes or remove it?

Follow these steps to uninstall iTunes from the PC:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• From the list of all installed application, select iTunes and click “Uninstall”.

Follow the onscreen directions to remove iTunes completely. Remember to restart the computer.

Article for reference.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later:
    Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

I cannot change remove the read only from z:\itunes

1. I cannot change remove the read only from z:\itunes - Similar Threads - cannot change remove

2. Itunes Library id cannot be read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes Library id cannot be read: Trying to install ITUNES on laptap 64bit windows and get error "The file 'ITunes Library id' cannot be read because it was created with a newer version of Itunes. Any ideas...
  3. Itunes Library id cannot be read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Itunes Library id cannot be read: Trying to install ITUNES on laptap 64bit windows and get error "The file 'ITunes Library id' cannot be read because it was created with a newer version of Itunes. Any ideas...
  4. Cannot remove read only property from google drive folder

Cannot remove read only property from google drive folder: Close dialogue box read only is still there. I literally cannot move the files.I also cannot copy from this folder.I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-read-only-property-from-google-drive/d27e458e-d05b-4392-a411-c6eca28dac63
  5. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder: Hi- so recently ive been trying to mod Fallout 4 from game pass with little issue- except for the fact that I dont have authoring permissions on the file. I have Enabled mods within the XBOX app and have tried setting permissions to Everyone, but no dice.This is frustrating...
  6. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder: Hi- so recently ive been trying to mod Fallout 4 from game pass with little issue- except for the fact that I dont have authoring permissions on the file. I have Enabled mods within the XBOX app and have tried setting permissions to Everyone, but no dice.This is frustrating...
  7. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

8. removing "read only from documents

removing "read only from documents: removing "read only" from documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-read-only-from-documents/6ca83a36-a1cd-4f6d-8f4e-d2c5d2b73870
  9. remove READ ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove READ ONLY: PLEASE How do I get read only off of my pictures on OneDrive. If I can't see them, I don't need OneDrive. I have changed attribute multiple times and Microsoft keeps changing MY PICTURES back to READ ONLY attribute. This is more than annoying. Microsoft controls my files,...
  10. Cannot Remove Read-Only from Folder

Cannot Remove Read-Only from Folder: I can't remove read-only from a folder. I am the owner of that folder and when I apply the changes it back to read-only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-read-only-from-folder/ec39ccf0-5dfc-4e6a-8dff-ef4596a83cef"