Windows 10: I cannot change settings on Windows 10

Discus and support I cannot change settings on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As mentioned above, I cannot adjust the settings of my PC, for some reason I also cannot run dxdiag on my PC as I get a "Bad Image" error. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaME, Aug 29, 2019.

1. JoshuaME Win User

I cannot change settings on Windows 10

As mentioned above, I cannot adjust the settings of my PC, for some reason I also cannot run dxdiag on my PC as I get a "Bad Image" error. I have tried running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but I get the error "The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format." I've also tried running sfc /scannow, to which it says

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."
    I tried resetting my computer but as mentioned earlier I cannot adjust any of my settings (or access my settings at all, The settings window just pops up and sort of "ignores" my clicks but the hover effects are still there.)

Motherboard: H110M ProVH Plus

CPU: Intel i5-7400

RAM: 8gb ddr4
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1050
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

CBS.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l3SfVMFHlgVlfwUjRg6As4HV6nhY_PFy

DISM.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yaXMCUi921Dvn2bB93El-PlttYuztAmk

:)

JoshuaME, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. I cannot change settings on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot change settings

2. I cannot change some settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change some settings: Hi,I have installed Windwos Server 2022 in hyper-v M. I then try to change some settings from:Secpol.mscUnder: Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User RIght Assignment -> "Take ownership of tiles or other objects"From Hyper-v M I noted that this setting cannot be edited...
  3. I cannot change some settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot change some settings: Hi,I have installed Windwos Server 2022 in hyper-v M. I then try to change some settings from:Secpol.mscUnder: Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User RIght Assignment -> "Take ownership of tiles or other objects"From Hyper-v M I noted that this setting cannot be edited...
  4. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting: I have a laptop computer, and I want to use an external touchpad+keyboard. This external touchpad+keyboard connects to the laptop using Bluetooth, driver is installed by windows. There is no vendor specific driver available. The touchpad and keyboard works upon successful...
  5. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting: I have a laptop computer, and I want to use an external touchpad+keyboard. This external touchpad+keyboard connects to the laptop using Bluetooth, driver is installed by windows. There is no vendor specific driver available. The touchpad and keyboard works upon successful...
  6. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I cannot change any setting in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot change any setting in the Settings app: Hello. I am unable to change any settings in the Settings app. Even if I try to enable any setting, it changes back to off immediately. I am running a version of Windows 10 Pro, and I have tried running sfc /scannow Please help!...
  8. Cannot change windows update settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot change windows update settings: I do not want Windows 10 to update and restart my PC automatically - I want to decide when that is done. In the Settings it is fixed at 'Automatic' update. I have followed two suggestions to alter the setting that searches turned up, but neither have worked so far....
  9. Cannot Change Administrator Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Change Administrator Settings: CP - User Acounts: Can't change to 'Administrator' from 'Standard' Although User is considered 'Administrator' the User Account indicates 'Standard' and cannot be changed to 'Administrator' 12683
  10. cannot change windows update settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot change windows update settings: I tried to change the windows update settings and I can’t!!!!! I get a message saying that some settings are managed by my system administrator!!!!! I am the only user in this laptop with administrator privileges… How comes that I can’t change the settings? 2483

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change settings on my pc