Windows 10: i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

Discus and support i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese in Cortana to solve the problem; I downloaded the language pack and speech for japanese language. i changed the region and speech settings to japanese, but it still automatically... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by riririririri, Jun 12, 2019.

1. i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

I downloaded the language pack and speech for japanese language. i changed the region and speech settings to japanese, but it still automatically change back to english (US), i removed the english pack but then i cannot use cortana.

what should i do?

:)

riririririri, Jun 12, 2019
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jun 12, 2019
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

I have just reinstalled my PC with Japanese Windows (it's the only way to enable the full use of a Japanese keyboard - special keys etc.). However, I want my system language to be English (menus etc.). So far I have tried the following:

Settings:
    Installed English language pack
    Made English default language

Power menu (not sure of proper name - win_key-x):
    Tried to switch language to English but does not appear in the menu.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jun 12, 2019
  4. dwings02 Win User

i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

language: japanese to english

I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese
    I want everything back in English
    I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale
    my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese..

i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese [​IMG]

am I missing something else or i'm doing it the wrong way?.. system language is still in japanese

dwings02, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

1. i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese - Similar Threads - cannot change cortana

2. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English: I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages,...
  3. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English: I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages,...
  4. Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US: I want to change the default language of Windows 11, having it in German, is quite annoying. I want to turn it into English US, eliminating all the German leftoversOn this thread, somebody has my identical...
  5. Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US: I want to change the default language of Windows 11, having it in German, is quite annoying. I want to turn it into English US, eliminating all the German leftoversOn this thread, somebody has my identical...
  6. I cannot change language to UK English

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot change language to UK English: Hi. I've bought a new W10 laptop windows home edition and I cannot get it to use UK English. The language settings say that it is set to UK English but the spellchecker keeps suggesting American spellings. Not ideal when I bought the laptop to write on a book with! I've...
  7. Cannot able to change app default language? Want to change from Urdu to English-US?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot able to change app default language? Want to change from Urdu to English-US?: I recently installed the Urdu language pack through windows app store, which is now set as app default language. I want to change it back to English-US but can't able to change nor able to remove the Urdu language....
  8. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  9. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana dissapeared windows home

2. Can I change Cortana`s Japanese Language even my language Windows is English?