Windows 10: I cannot change the monitor name.

Discus and support I cannot change the monitor name. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am using Windows 10 Pro. But I couldn't find changing the monitor name. As you can see in the image, I want to change the name "Casper". It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Bromance902, Jan 25, 2020.

1. I cannot change the monitor name.

Hi guys, I am using Windows 10 Pro. But I couldn't find changing the monitor name. As you can see in the image, I want to change the name "Casper". It can be with the regedit method, or another method. I'm waiting for your help.
    I cannot change the monitor name. [​IMG]

I cannot change the monitor name. [​IMG]

:)

Bromance902, Jan 25, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile I cannot change the monitor name. :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Jan 25, 2020
  4. I cannot change the monitor name.

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

I cannot change the monitor name.

1. I cannot change the monitor name. - Similar Threads - cannot change monitor

2. Cannot change build in admin name/login name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change build in admin name/login name: Hi, I am having trouble changing the admin name /login name as a build in user. I have tried all four ways advised online for changing the name and nothing seemed to work. Is there an alternative way or is it not possible?...
  3. Monitor stuck at 1hz and cannot change it to 144

Monitor stuck at 1hz and cannot change it to 144: Unable to edit the rate of hz monitor is MSI G271 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-stuck-at-1hz-and-cannot-change-it-to-144/c30ad726-988f-43ed-94f6-298a27ac2b6b
  4. Cannot Change my Monitor's Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Change my Monitor's Refresh Rate: Hi, I recently bought a Samsung CRG50, and have been struggling to change its refresh rate for the last hour so. Within the advanced settings for the monitor, it won't allow me to change its refresh rate because I am not an admin. I've changed my account type on my pc to...
  5. Background is white on a monitor, and cannot change it.

Background is white on a monitor, and cannot change it.: Hi. My background only shows up on 2/3 of my monitors, and one is just a white background. When I go to change the background, it shows up for a split second, but then reverts back to white quickly. How can I fix this? Thanks!...
  6. I cannot change OneDrive folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot change OneDrive folder name: Hi, I already had a folder called "OneDrive-1" under user folder and I was using it for my main OneDrive folder. So, "My Documents" and "Picture" folders are referring to this folder. The alias shows "OneDrive" and not "OneDrive-1", but now I want to change the folder name...
  7. I changed my computer's name and now I cannot adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I changed my computer's name and now I cannot adjust the brightness: note: Generic PnP Monitor is already enabled and there's no new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-computers-name-and-now-i-cannot/2446eab4-bdd8-4221-8c81-bcc780f13350
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. Can I change Monitor(s) Names?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I change Monitor(s) Names?: Hello ALL: We have a system with 2 monitors...actually they are about the same 22 inch ACER Monitors. My wife wants to change the names to LEFT and RIGHT, but one shows as Generic. Is there a way to change the NAME of each? 102338
  10. Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor: Dear forum users, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 tablet computer with Windows 10 in use. I usually use two monitors (including the screen from the computer itself) which work fine normally. Sometimes, after I connect the computer to a project to give a presentation, then...