Windows 10: I cannot connect to my personal wi-fi on my windows 10 PC

Discus and support I cannot connect to my personal wi-fi on my windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Since yesterday, I’ve been having internet problems. My PC kept disconnecting from my wi-fi and I had to reconnect until i couldn’t reconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nikitastanese, Mar 20, 2020.

1. I cannot connect to my personal wi-fi on my windows 10 PC

I cannot connect to my personal wi-fi on my windows 10 PC 353db1f6-6c0b-42b1-a6f7-dce957ee6aa2?upload=true.jpg Since yesterday, I’ve been having internet problems. My PC kept disconnecting from my wi-fi and I had to reconnect until i couldn’t reconnect anymore. Now, instead of my regular wi-fi or no wi-fi icon, I have this globe with a X mark on it, signaling I do not have acces to internet. I have tried everything to solve the issue: uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changed my internet settings, deleted some new updates that I have installed, used commands in CMD, did the network reset thing, etc. But I have no results. Today, i unplugged my D-Link internet port from one of my USB ports and plugged it in another port and the internet started working, but stopped working after about 15 minutes. I am really desperate to solve this problem, especially since in Europe we are in the “ quarantine situation” and I must send some really important documents from home, and this issue doesn’t let me do that. Please help me and give helpful advice.

:)

nikitastanese, Mar 20, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Mar 20, 2020
  3. craigmh74 Win User
    PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in the bedroom. The Wi-Fi icon disappeared from the taskbar. So I thought it may be the adapter. So I moved the PC into the living room and connected it directly. Well....nothing. There is still no signal. The wi-fi in my house is still active because I'm able to use my cell phone and tablet. So...any suggestions? If what I wrote is unclear let me know. Thanks.

Craig

craigmh74, Mar 20, 2020
  4. I cannot connect to my personal wi-fi on my windows 10 PC

Marivel Man, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

I cannot connect to my personal wi-fi on my windows 10 PC

1. I cannot connect to my personal wi-fi on my windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - cannot connect personal

2. Cannot connect with Wi-fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect with Wi-fi: Yesterday unable to connect on Wi-Fi with my HP windows 10 laptop for the first time in years. Other devices, including one other computer, connect with no problem. Followed the instructions here:...
  3. Cannot connect with Wi-fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect with Wi-fi: Yesterday unable to connect on Wi-Fi with my HP windows 10 laptop for the first time in years. Other devices, including one other computer, connect with no problem. Followed the instructions here:...
  4. My Wi-Fi is connected but I cannot get on the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wi-Fi is connected but I cannot get on the internet: I have Wi-Fi connection to my desktop it's Dell desktop with Windows XP Media center and I'm trying to get on the internet my Wi-Fi is connected but I can't get to the internet...
  5. My Wi-Fi is connected but I cannot get on the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wi-Fi is connected but I cannot get on the internet: I have Wi-Fi connection to my desktop it's Dell desktop with Windows XP Media center and I'm trying to get on the internet my Wi-Fi is connected but I can't get to the internet...
  6. Windows 10 21H2 cannot find my Wi-Fi connection.

Windows 10 21H2 cannot find my Wi-Fi connection.: Hello,After the last update for windows 10 21H2 find that when I start my pc up it loads fine but when I click on the Wi-Fi icon on the taskbar it shows all the connections so I click on my connection but only stay connected for about 2 seconds then the connection goes, so I...
  7. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi: I have just reformat my laptop, unfortunately after that my laptop detect low Wi-Fi signal.I have confirmed that the network card adapter is presence and work well. On other device, the signal of that Wi-Fi is excellence. But, on my laptop, it is not. when I try to connect to...
  8. My PC can't connect to the wi-fi

My PC can't connect to the wi-fi: After I got a new Windows 10 PC there's one big problem I have to fave everytime I need to connect to the wi-fi. When I connect to our wi-fi, the PC connects, but then it says "No Internet, secured". Even after I restart the PC, it's still the same. The PC sometimes connect...
  9. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi: My laptop's network adapter does not work properly after updating Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-wi-fi/ed9f2fb8-efeb-4808-b578-8ac9f701367d
  10. Cannot Connect To Wi-Fi

Cannot Connect To Wi-Fi: Hello i have tried connecting to my school's apartment however it always goes to no connections are available and then airplane mode and shows connections are available. the Wi-Fi connects just fine in all other areas of the school byt not in my apartment. The apartment is...