Windows 10: I cannot connect to my Wifi which has a weird X logo on it

Discus and support I cannot connect to my Wifi which has a weird X logo on it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't connect to the 5GHz Wifi I have selected in the screenshot but I could connect to my 2.4GHz Wifi, I could connect to the 5GHz WiFi on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnerChung, May 4, 2021.

1. I cannot connect to my Wifi which has a weird X logo on it

I can't connect to the 5GHz Wifi I have selected in the screenshot but I could connect to my 2.4GHz Wifi, I could connect to the 5GHz WiFi on my other devices but no on my pc. I'm using a Dual Band USB Adapter. Is there a way to solve this problem?

:)

ConnerChung, May 4, 2021
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 5, 2021
  3. I cannot connect to my Wifi which has a weird X logo on it

I can't connect to the 5GHz Wifi I have selected in the screenshot but I could connect to my 2.4GHz Wifi, I could connect to the 5GHz WiFi on my other devices but no on my pc. I'm using a Dual Band USB Adapter. Is there a way to solve this problem?

ConnerChung, May 5, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

I cannot connect to my Wifi which has a weird X logo on it

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, May 5, 2021
Thema:

I cannot connect to my Wifi which has a weird X logo on it

1. I cannot connect to my Wifi which has a weird X logo on it - Similar Threads - cannot connect Wifi

2. Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi: Hi,So I have this Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 installed in it and have been using for few months. It was working all great but today suddenly, the WiFi got disconnected and was not showing any open WiFi although I sit next to the router. I restarted the laptop and try again...
  3. Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi: Hi,So I have this Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 installed in it and have been using for few months. It was working all great but today suddenly, the WiFi got disconnected and was not showing any open WiFi although I sit next to the router. I restarted the laptop and try again...
  4. Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It: Hi All,I am trying to connect to "Host" SSID, but unable to. There is an X near the icon that is preventing a connection. Other devices are able to connect to the same SSID without issue. I have tried Forgetting the SSID, and uninstalling the WiFI driver Then reboot to no...
  5. Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It

Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It: Hi All,I am trying to connect to "Host" SSID, but unable to. There is an X near the icon that is preventing a connection. Other devices are able to connect to the same SSID without issue. I have tried Forgetting the SSID, and uninstalling the WiFI driver Then reboot to no...
  6. Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. An x on the battery logo

An x on the battery logo: Hello. so today when I pressed the power button I couldn't open my laptop, so I plugged the power adapter because that was the only possibility to open it.When it opened it had an X on battery logo and when I unplugged the power adapter and when I pressed the battery logo it...
  8. Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol: what is this weird x looking symbol on my wifi name?wifi keep getting disconnected in a while and I have to re enter password and connect to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-name-with-weird-x-symbol/e05f7c96-8866-4d6b-a36e-24719d41e5e8
  9. Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol

Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol: what is this weird x looking symbol on my wifi name?wifi keep getting disconnected in a while and I have to re enter password and connect to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-name-with-weird-x-symbol/e05f7c96-8866-4d6b-a36e-24719d41e5e8
  10. Weird wifi logo on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird wifi logo on windows 10: My Wifi logo has this weird glitch, I'm using windows 10 home and up to date. it's been like this since the last update [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-wifi-logo-on-windows-10/24d3428d-ce07-47e5-944a-43e01b2dc1c5