Windows 10: I cannot connect to my XBOX using wireless display

Discus and support I cannot connect to my XBOX using wireless display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I read that using the Wireless Display xbox one app, i should be able to connect my laptop to my xbox over wifi. But I can't. When i press win+p and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by the Q10, Apr 24, 2019.

1. the Q10 Win User

I cannot connect to my XBOX using wireless display

I read that using the Wireless Display xbox one app, i should be able to connect my laptop to my xbox over wifi.

But I can't.
    When i press win+p and try and connect to my xbox display (it shows up), it never works.
    Just shows "Couldn't connect to device".

On my xbox it does show my pc "is about to project", but it just fails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

the Q10, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. I cannot connect to my XBOX using wireless display - Similar Threads - cannot connect XBOX

2. Having an issue too connect with wireless displays using the Wireless Display Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having an issue too connect with wireless displays using the Wireless Display Adapters: We have facing issue with connection wireless displays using Wireless Display Adapters.Many reported the issue that screens have stopped connecting to MS Wifi Display dongles Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter We have run the Support Assist and flashed the dongle but still...
  3. Having an issue too connect with wireless displays using the Wireless Display Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having an issue too connect with wireless displays using the Wireless Display Adapters: We have facing issue with connection wireless displays using Wireless Display Adapters.Many reported the issue that screens have stopped connecting to MS Wifi Display dongles Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter We have run the Support Assist and flashed the dongle but still...
  4. Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to a wireless display: Hi,I have 3 laptops and want to use 1 as a wireless display. Situation as follow: PC1: new laptop running WIN 11PC2 & PC3: old and very old laptop both running WIN 10.PC3 as the wireless screen.Projecting:PC2=>PC3: OKPC1=>PC3: NOKI see PC3 in the list. It starts the...
  5. Wireless display not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display not connecting: I have an Intel Core M3 processor laptop and a Samsung tab s7 FE. I am trying to use my tablet as an extended screen, but am unable to. I have tried updating the drivers, changing the screen resolution. Previously I tried to connect my laptop to other monitors and TV as well...
  6. Connecting Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Connecting Wireless Display: I connected a wireless display today, which works very well. This is a smart tv with wireless and a pc that has a modern wifi card. But ( there is always a "but"!) there is no sound. The device I have connected to does NOT appear on the list of devices in sound playback. I...
  7. Xbox is connected, and I'm trying to stream to it using the Wireless Display App, but I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox is connected, and I'm trying to stream to it using the Wireless Display App, but I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xGaslightx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfv30a/xbox_is_connected_and_im_trying_to_stream_to_it/
  8. Connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect to wireless display: Hi, I have Dell Inspiron with intel i7 and HD Graphics 5500. It has Miracast support and Wifi support verified according articles in different questions dxdiag.txt: Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz 4 CPUs Card name: IntelR HD Graphics 5500 Miracast:...
  9. wireless display connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    wireless display connection: Hello! I am having problems on connecting my laptop with the smart tv via miracast, It's says it's connecting, the on the tv appears a message that says connection realized then a black screen for a few seconds, and on the laptop it still connecting, after a minute or so it...
  10. Cannot connect Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect Wireless Display: I don’t know what’s happened but since July I cannot connect a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter_70 to my Microsoft Surface Pro. What’s the problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox wireless display app not working

2. connect to xbox wireless display

3. xbox one wireless display not working

4. xbox wireless display not connecting,
  5. xbox wireless display not working,
  6. connect to zbox one pc wireless display not working,
  7. wireless display xbox one pc not detecting,
  8. Xbox one wont connect to wireless display,
  9. cant see xbox wireless display app,
  10. cant find wireless display app xbox one,
  11. wireless display xbox one not working,