Windows 10: I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS

Discus and support I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use this RDP client for iPhone 7 plus, which I connect to my computer. Usually I select the 1364x768 resolution. But I made a mistake selecting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carley Wolfe, Feb 11, 2019.

1. I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS

I use this RDP client for iPhone 7 plus, which I connect to my computer. Usually I select the 1364x768 resolution. But I made a mistake selecting the 2501x1406 resolution. As the result the login process got stuck with a message that the number of connections is limited and all connections are in use.

Since that moment I haven’t been able to login over RDP, also from a PC or iPad. I can only restart the Windows 10 PC. What is the workaround?

:)

Carley Wolfe, Feb 11, 2019

2. Unable to connect to Windows PC using the RDP client for iOS

I use RDP client for iOS on an iPhone 7 plus and connect to a Windows 10 PC. Choosing the 1364x768 resolution, everything works fine.

One time, I choosed the 2501x1406 resolution and the login process sticked before the login screen with a message that the number of connections is limited and all connections are in use (that is 1 connection for Windows 10).

I can no more login over RDP, also from a PC or iPad. The Windows 10 PC is headless. The only way out, up to now, is to restart the Windows 10 PC.

1. I would use the native iPhone 7 plus full HD resolution but this is not foreseed for the Microsoft iOS RDP client.

2. Is there an elegant way out from this issue?

***Original title: RDP client for iOS blocks Windows 10 login***

WickedCodeBuddy, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to Windows PC using the RDP client for iOS

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect to the PC using the Remote Desktop client on iOS device. I suggest you to refer the article related to

get started with Remote Desktop on iOS
    . Also, for more information you can check

frequently asked questions about the Remote Desktop clients

However, I suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , as the forum provides dedicated support for issues related to Remote Desktop clients.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Ronit B Win User

I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS

Cannot RDP to Windows 10 PCs using iOS RDP client

I have a Surface Pro 3 and an Intel NUC running Windows 10 (Latest build, creator's update), release preview ring.

They are all signed up to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and my MS account password. I can log in to these desktops using RDP clients on other Windows machines, no problem.

However, I cannot RDP into them from my iPhone, at all. It starts the connection process, gets me to accept the certificate exception, then says that my username/password is incorrect. The problem is definitely with the way I the MS account username is being
    processed, because if I create a test admin account, I can use that account to login without issues. I have tried the following usernames

1. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

2. xxx

3. MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** <-This is not even accepted by the RDP client on iOS

4. First name

If I go to system logs, I can see login audit success for most of these combinations.

Any tips?

Ronit B, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS

1. I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS - Similar Threads - cannot connect using

2. Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD: Hi there!I am trying to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an AzureAD. I can connect using my laptop and PC. But other users can't. It stated that the logon attempt failed.Please kindly help me with this problem. Thank you...
  3. Unable to connect to IOS RD client Error code 0X2607

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to IOS RD client Error code 0X2607: Hi Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-ios-rd-client-error-code/69db02b9-7387-42cb-87f9-e5521f8adda8
  4. Unable to connect to IOS RD client Error code 0X2607

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to IOS RD client Error code 0X2607: Hi Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-ios-rd-client-error-code/69db02b9-7387-42cb-87f9-e5521f8adda8
  5. RDS Farm Will Not Connect or Load Balance when using RDP Client to Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Farm Will Not Connect or Load Balance when using RDP Client to Access: I have been trying to set up an RD Farm using two Azure 2019 Datacenters. Both are session hosts, but one is also the Gateway Manager and Licensing Manager. This is mostly to reduce costs.I've been experiencing an issue where even though I can get the RDWeb portal to work, I...
  6. RDS Farm Will Not Connect or Load Balance when using RDP Client to Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS Farm Will Not Connect or Load Balance when using RDP Client to Access: I have been trying to set up an RD Farm using two Azure 2019 Datacenters. Both are session hosts, but one is also the Gateway Manager and Licensing Manager. This is mostly to reduce costs.I've been experiencing an issue where even though I can get the RDWeb portal to work, I...
  7. iOS RD Client Error 0x204 Cannot connect to remote computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iOS RD Client Error 0x204 Cannot connect to remote computer.: Hello, I have a windows 10 workstation, latest version and a windows 2012 R2 server on the same LAN. I remote in via OpenVPN and MS Remote Desktop on my mac and Microsoft RD Client on iOS. I am able to connect to all windows 10 workstations and server 2012 from my mac, but...
  8. rdp client in win10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rdp client in win10 home: [ATTACH] everything i search comes up on how to enable the server. can someone with win10 home confirm if the RDP CLIENT not SERVER is in Win10? This one: https://preview.redd.it/0lc31j538h541.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb47cdd3255acd6129695e7c50867d3e4d44d3ab...
  9. RDP client crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP client crashes: Hello Community, Recenty I upgraded to Widows 1803 (OS BUILD 17134.228) Ever since this upgrade, I am unable to RDP to my machine from any other device, running different versions of Windows. The only thing that happens is the Login prompt comes up, I logon, I see a black...
  10. Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.: I have been using RDP for LAN and also over VPN for years - never had any great problems. NOW! On a PC that has been upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro I have having problems with my RDP, when I connect to the remote computer I can't see its Task Bar, I can only see the...