Windows 10: I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore

Discus and support I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I am on a laptop which is only a month old. I've had no problem connecting with the internet until now. Switched off the laptop last night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeekyPixels, Aug 8, 2020.

1. I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore

Hi there

I am on a laptop which is only a month old. I've had no problem connecting with the internet until now. Switched off the laptop last night and it had been fine, turned it on this morning and i can no longer connect wirelessly to the internet.

Im on windows 10, in device manager it says the device is working properly realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. When i click to connect wirelessly it doesnt show any wireless connections and just says "Change settings such as making a metered connection". No windows updates have occurred that could have caused a problem, and i havent installed any additional software. Connecting with an ethernet cable connects no problem.

:)

GeekyPixels, Aug 8, 2020
  2. A Gray Win User

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly to several other computers in the house. I can connect the E Machines using an ethernet cable, and this works well, but any attempt to reconnect wirelessly fails. Could this be a result of the latest Windows update or is there some other fault such as a Registry flaw. I have tried renewing the network settings but no joy. Has anyone got any suggestions?*Sad

A Gray, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 8, 2020
  4. MIAGIBBS Win User

I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore

Accessing internet wirelessly.

How do i get access to internet? This is my dilemma, I have 2 pc's that are accessing the internet by way of ethernet and/or wireless. But my downstairs laptop will not access internet wirelessly . When I try...it just keeps saying checking requirements.
    Also my network is not listed under network connections, but it does appear in the list at the system tray icon.

MIAGIBBS, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore

1. I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore - Similar Threads - cannot connect wirelessly

2. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  3. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  4. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  5. Wireless internet connection

Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  6. Xbox wireless adapter not connecting anymore

Xbox wireless adapter not connecting anymore: Hello, I used an xbox wireless adapter for a long time, and it has worked fine, but just recently it stopped working. I got a new one and it still does not work. I still have windows 10, and have spent lots of time trying to fix it. Do you have any ideas?...
  7. Absolutely cannot connect to a wireless network anymore!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Absolutely cannot connect to a wireless network anymore!: Okay so it began as very seldomly losing internet connection on my laptop after leaving it idle and waking it from sleep... Then somehow would only hold a wireless connection when plugged in and charging... Then it would be that every few minutes it'll lose internet...
  8. I can’t connect wirelessly to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t connect wirelessly to the internet: Hi. I just did a wipe of my computer and reinstalled windows, but now I’m unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I have a TUF gaming x570-plus [wi-fi] motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 3900x GPU. I have Windows 10 64x home. I can connect to WiFi through Ethernet, but...
  9. Cannot connect to internet wirelessly

Cannot connect to internet wirelessly: when i booted up my computer one day, i was disconnected from my home internet connection. i went to click on the network and internet bitton on the taskbar, and the normal screen to connect to a network was replaced with, “change settings, such as making a connection...
  10. Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet: My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly...