Windows 10: I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am

Discus and support I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried all the online fixes. I have turned off OneDrive. I just want this notebook for my local use. I have not yet created a OneNote notebook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaBrumbach, Jan 11, 2021.

1. I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am

I have tried all the online fixes. I have turned off OneDrive. I just want this notebook for my local use. I have not yet created a OneNote notebook on this PC

:)

LindaBrumbach, Jan 11, 2021

2. Error: "Unable to create your notebook. Check internet connection and try again", when creating a new notebook on OneNote

Hi Abigail,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to create a new notebook in OneNote app. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the
    questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Were you able to create notebooks prior to this issue?
    3. Have you signed in with Microsoft account on the PC?
    4. Which version of OneNote app are you using?
    5. Are you trying to create the notebook on Computer or OneDrive?

If you are creating the Notebook on Computer, then please try creating it on OneDrive and check. Also, you can try doing vice versa and check if you are able to create.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check for updates and make sure the PC is up to date. Refer the article

Keep your PC up to date

Method 2:

Try running the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & Security > Troubleshooter.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Windows Store Apps.
    3. Now click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if that helps. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details and the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 11, 2021
  3. conleysa Win User
    OneNote App Unable to Create Notebook

Hi! I use the pen (click the top) to open OneNote on my Surface Pro 3 (i7, 512GB). When I try to create a new NoteBook I receive the error "We are unable to create your notebook, check your internet connection". The internet connection is solid, and
    the problem happens at work and home. If I open OneNote 2016, new notebooks can be created without issue.

conleysa, Jan 11, 2021
  4. 7thSense Win User

I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am

7thSense, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am

1. I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am - Similar Threads - cannot create notebook

2. i am connected to internet but cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am connected to internet but cannot log in: my pc did a random disk “cleanup” and when i started my pc up again, it prompted me to reset my pin. only problem is that while i am connected to the internet, i can’t go through the necessary steps to fix it because it just claims that there is no internet because idk,...
  3. i am connected to internet but cannot log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am connected to internet but cannot log in: my pc did a random disk “cleanup” and when i started my pc up again, it prompted me to reset my pin. only problem is that while i am connected to the internet, i can’t go through the necessary steps to fix it because it just claims that there is no internet because idk,...
  4. Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am: Currently on Windows 10 and it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am.When I look at my router/modem it says no internet secured but I can use the internet and web browser just fine.I have reset my mode through Xfinity and have reset at Netgear router level. Nothing...
  5. windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am: Settings tells me I am connected to the internet but for some reason windows 10 up to date does not think I am. So far I cannot find a fix even used Geeks but nothing fixes. Below is the error message I get when attempting to use the feedback process....
  6. Not connected to the internet, but I am!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not connected to the internet, but I am!: overnight windows has decided to stop working correctly and forced an update to version 2004. internet gone slow is an understatement although I am still connected. Steam, Origin, blizzard and epic sign in but say I'm offline. it also times out when searching on Microsoft...
  7. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  8. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...
  9. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one note no network conmection?