Windows 10: I Cannot create new folders anywhere.

Discus and support I Cannot create new folders anywhere. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot create any new folders. I have checked that my account is administrator, I have run System File Checker SFC and troubleshooted the files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Milla Veijalainen, Mar 19, 2021.

1. I Cannot create new folders anywhere.

I cannot create any new folders. I have checked that my account is administrator, I have run [COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1]System File Checker SFC and troubleshooted the files and folders. I have disabled my McAfee protector and used windows own protection and then disabled it on files and folders. Nothing helped. It seems that I cannot uncheck the read only on folder properties. It goes back to it right after. I don't know what to do anymore. [/COLOR]

:)

Milla Veijalainen, Mar 19, 2021

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 19, 2021
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Mar 19, 2021
  4. I Cannot create new folders anywhere.

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

I Cannot create new folders anywhere.

1. I Cannot create new folders anywhere. - Similar Threads - Cannot create folders

2. cannot create new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot create new folder: Suddenly no option to create new folder when right click. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-new-folder/80843612-3262-4984-b594-d8a07596ea6b
  3. Cannot Create New Folder

Cannot Create New Folder: Hi, I can't create a new folder in my Administrator account but it can be done in another account not administrator. I have followed 5-7 instructions, nothing works. Thanks...
  4. Can't create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create a folder anywhere: Hi, as the title says, I can not do it. I have tried creating a new registry file with the long code inside the shallax folder (which most of the tutorials suggested), nothing. Please help? submitted by /u/shvrhd [link] [comments]...
  5. Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders

Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders: I cannot create a new folder in the following folders All c:\users\[username]\ Documents Pictures Videos There may be others! Its ok on Desktop. I get a message saying: Item Not Found Could not find this item The item is no longer located in...
  6. I cannot create a file folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot create a file folder anywhere: I lost the functionality to create a new folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-create-a-file-folder-anywhere/44a32766-3164-4b76-97d8-46dd78f10110
  7. Can't create folders anywhere

Can't create folders anywhere: I accidentally deleted both desktop.ini files after moving some files into new folders from the actual desktop, then emptied the recycle bin. When I rebooted, I noticed right away that one file was missing and I assumed it was One of the files came back, but the other did...
  8. cant create a new folder anywhere in windows 10

cant create a new folder anywhere in windows 10: I can't create a new empty folder in my dockuments or on the desktop! Hasn't been an issue until today! ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-new-folder-anywhere-in-windows-10/0dad9ac7-6498-4423-a620-e3b85fe56498"
  9. unable to create new folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to create new folder anywhere: Hello Lately I have been facing this problem of not being able to create new folder. The "New" option in the right click is missing and I am not able to create anything new. Please somebody help me. 38995
  10. Cannot Create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create New Folders: Howdy all, So this problem popped up seemingly right after I switched over to Windows 10. As the title says, I cannot create new folders. Clicking on the New Folder button results in a New Shortcut dialog box popping up. What's even weirder is that the context menu has...