Windows 10: I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

Discus and support I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I primarily use my computer while wearing an Steelseries Arctis 7 headset that requires a USB-connected Bluetooth dongle; recently I've been dealing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Belson, Aug 21, 2022.

1. I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

I primarily use my computer while wearing an Steelseries Arctis 7 headset that requires a USB-connected Bluetooth dongle; recently I've been dealing with the frustration of constant beeping as the USB my dongle is plugged into is repeatedly turned on and off by USB Selective Suspend which I gathered by looking through various posts of other people having similar issues. I searched the power plan advanced settings for the option to turn off Selective Suspend only to find that my USB settings were completely hidden from me without explanation. After searching for a means of forcing the USB set

:)

Daniel Belson, Aug 21, 2022

2. USB Selective Suspend is not working

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest to post this under "Sleep and Power on/off" or "Windows Settings."

Also refer this for Windows USB Selective Suspend:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

GaneshGandhi1982, Aug 21, 2022
  3. USB selective suspend

Hi,

To better explain your concern, kindly refer to the support link below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Aug 21, 2022
  4. I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

USB selective suspend settings not available?

Hello Grant,

To answer your question about USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Open Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    • Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Please check out the image below for your reference:

I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11 [​IMG]

Keep us informed about the outcome.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

1. I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - cannot deactivate USB

2. I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11: I primarily use my computer while wearing an Steelseries Arctis 7 headset that requires a USB-connected Bluetooth dongle; recently I've been dealing with the frustration of constant beeping as the USB my dongle is plugged into is repeatedly turned on and off by USB Selective...
  3. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  4. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  5. Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.: I have this keyboard on the laptop that does not respect selective suspend keeping the cpu at high power usage all the time. I've found a way to force the keyboard to go to sleep when not in use, but when it chooses to go from awake to sleep, it has a half a second or so of...
  6. USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  7. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  8. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  9. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend: Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power...
  10. Adjust USB selective suspend setting

Adjust USB selective suspend setting: I think this is a long shot but here goes.... I know how to turn off/on the "USB selective suspend setting". I actually don't mind that it is enabled however what I find annoying is when my external 'wakes', a window pops up showing all of my files on the external as if I...