Windows 10: I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app

Discus and support I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the Photos app, there are 4 pictures and a video that I cannot delete or view. When I try to view them it says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BroPro1211, Sep 8, 2021.

1. I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app

In the Photos app, there are 4 pictures and a video that I cannot delete or view. When I try to view them it says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted," and when I try to delete them it says "We couldn't delete one or more of the files. Another app might be using them, or you might not have permission to delete them." In file info, their source is "OneDrive cloud only." But, I cannot see them in the OneDrive folder in File Explorer, the online version of OneDrive, or in the app on my phone, only in Photos.I had the same exa

:)

BroPro1211, Sep 8, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information from you to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I can't delete individual pictures” are you facing any issues in deleting the all pictures or only a particular? If yes, what is the error message that you read?
    • Are you trying to remove the picture only from Photos app?

If you are trying to remove the pictures only from the Microsoft Photos app, then you can remove the particular folder from the Photos apps and the pictures won’t appear in Photos app. Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Open Photos app.
    2. Click on ellipsis (three dots) on the top right corner and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on X
      to remove the folder where your pictures are saved.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 8, 2021
  3. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

I was able to delete all the pictures that had been downloaded from the backup disc by following your instructions. There were three 'x's in sources. I first clicked off the one drive. (No change) next clicked off the dvd drive. all photos were gone. Note:
    none of these photos had been installed in the windows "pictures' folder, only on photos app. It is my intention to purchase a photo editing program which I have used on my previous desktop. I am concerned the 'photos' app is going to be a problem.

DwayneGronquist, Sep 8, 2021
  4. I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app

Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Hi Mike,

The above issue might have occur due to the following reasons:

• Photos stored on OneDrive
    • Duplicate of the picture file saved on the computer.
    • Corrupted/missing app files & folders.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have duplicates of the deleted picture stored on the PC?
    • Have you stored the deleted picture folder on OneDrive?

If you have saved a copy of deleted picture folder on the computer, the photos will be displayed if
    Linked duplicates option is switched to On status in
    Photo app.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to disable
    Linked duplicates option from Photo app and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Photo app and click on Settings or
      gear icon from the left bottom corner of the app window.
    • From the right side panel, check if Linked duplicates option is switched to
      On status. If yes, slide the bar to Off and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run
    Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Write to us with the status of the Photo app displaying deleted pictures on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app

1. I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app - Similar Threads - cannot delete few

2. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  3. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  4. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  6. Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder

Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder: Hi all, and hope you can help. I have recent purchased a Lenovo with windows 10. I have just copied over all my photos from my old laptop to the new one and put them all in the picture folder. But I have tried to remove/delete unwanted ones and they will not delete from...
  7. cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive: All my pictures from photo gallery and one drive have disappeard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-pictures-in-photo-gallery-or-onedrive/5bdaa0a7-ff66-43a1-b112-37711327bfd3
  8. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Unable to delete pictures from Photos app: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem. ***Modified title from: MS photo app. can't delete pictures.***...
  9. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!: Ok I've got a new computer and it says my onedrive is nearly full but when I delete a folder from onedrive it deletes them from my pictures too??? Help please. 130723
  10. Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures: There is already a good post about it but it is locked and the solution doesn't satisfy me. Problem: Everytime OneDrive is starting up it adds the user folder "My Pictures" to the Location in the Photos app. The above solution was to uninstall the photos app via a...