Windows 10: I cannot delete a user from C:/Users

Discus and support I cannot delete a user from C:/Users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have deleted the user from my computer, but still the folder remains under C:/Users and contains appdata with A LOT of storage being taken up from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fuju., Apr 11, 2020.

1. Fuju. Win User

I cannot delete a user from C:/Users

I have deleted the user from my computer, but still the folder remains under C:/Users and contains appdata with A LOT of storage being taken up from it. I am using an administrator account and have control over the folder. When I try to rmdir del in CMD access is denied.

:)

Fuju., Apr 11, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Deleting a user account leaves traces of that user behind in C:\users

1. Enable the built in Administrator account (Win+R->lusrmgr.msc)

I cannot delete a user from C:/Users [​IMG]
    2. Reboot and log in as Administrator
    3. Delete the folder under C:\users

topgundcp, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 11, 2020
  4. I cannot delete a user from C:/Users

Delete or rename main user in c drive

Hi Alori,

A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to for a user account. It is stored in the user's C:\Users\<user name> profile folder, and contains the account's settings for desktop backgrounds, screen
    savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you sign in to Windows. However, if you want to delete the user profile, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user profile. You'll need to make sure that the user account you want to delete the profile of is signed out before continuing.
    • Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe, and click/tap on OK to open Advanced System Properties.
    • Click/tap on the Settings button under User Profiles.
    • Select the profile of the user account, and click/tap on Delete.
    • Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    • The profile of the user account (ex: "Example") will now be deleted. A new profile for the user's account will automatically be created the next time that user signs in.
    • You can now close the User Profiles and System Properties windows if you like.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

I cannot delete a user from C:/Users

1. I cannot delete a user from C:/Users - Similar Threads - cannot delete user

2. Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  3. Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  4. Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users

Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  5. Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  6. Cannot delete a user from netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete a user from netplwiz: When i sign in my windows i get 2 options to which account i want to sign in the 1st one is my normal microsoft account and the 2nd is some random account named Administrator, so i went to netplwiz and clicked on remove in which it said "The user DESKTOP-F10C0EU\Adminisrator...
  7. I cannot delete c:\users\my primary user.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot delete c:\users\my primary user.: I am giving my laptop to a friend and want to make sure all remnants of me are deletedc:\users\myprimary folder. I deleted all subfolders files that I saw in File Explorer but folder properties still shows lots of hard drive space taken up in the user folder. I deleted my...
  8. I cannot delete c:\users\my primary user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete c:\users\my primary user.: I am giving my laptop to a friend and want to make sure all remnants of me are deletedc:\users\myprimary folder. I deleted all subfolders files that I saw in File Explorer but folder properties still shows lots of hard drive space taken up in the user folder. I deleted my...
  9. I cannot delete c:\users\my primary user.

10. Cannot delete nor change user under C:/Users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete nor change user under C:/Users: My subject accuracy is questionable, so I'll try to explain it as clearly as possible here. So I just bought a new laptop; the laptop itself isn't an officially distributed device where I live. When I received the laptop, it is quite clear that the seller already turned on...