Windows 10: I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d

Discus and support I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, I know I have been gone from Microsoft for a very long time. In fact the only reason I'm back is due to gaming. However I am back and why cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anastasia Franco, Jan 25, 2023.

1. I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d

Okay, I know I have been gone from Microsoft for a very long time. In fact the only reason I'm back is due to gaming. However I am back and why cannot I delete any files in Windows 11. Yes I am logged in as administrator although that is also another issue, because I cannot save certain files because it says I need Administrator Access, yet my profile says administrator. Anyway In File explorer when I click the delete key, nothing happens to a file I am trying to delete. The only remove option is remove from Quick access, and ctrl-d doesn't work either. What the heck. Oh, by the way I tried

:)

Anastasia Franco, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d

1. I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d - Similar Threads - cannot delete anything

2. I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d: Okay, I know I have been gone from Microsoft for a very long time. In fact the only reason I'm back is due to gaming. However I am back and why cannot I delete any files in Windows 11. Yes I am logged in as administrator although that is also another issue, because I cannot...
  3. Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also: Strange.... W10 Pro 21H2 v19043.1803 Delete key on keyboard stopped working...won't delete anything... Same thing with Rclick and delete.... It's like any delete feature in W10 stopped working.... Thoughts and ideas appreciated.... Yes...I tried a different kb...and...
  4. Cannot delete when right click on folder or file also can't delete by pressing "Delete"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot delete when right click on folder or file also can't delete by pressing "Delete"...: I am unable to delete any files or folders on my E: drive by right clicking and by pressing "Delete" button on keyboard. And also i cannot create for example txt document by right clicking. There is no "New" shortcut on right click. However on other drives C: and D: such a...
  5. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  6. Ctrl+Delete not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl+Delete not working.: All other control+ functions work except for this one and only while browsing; still works within MS programs. (You never realize how much you rely on such shortcuts until they're suddenly absent!) Thank you for any assistance in advance. 160022
  7. Right click Delete/Rename missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click Delete/Rename missing: Hi. Within the last 2 weeks my Right click menu no longer contains Delete or Rename options when attempting either function on a selected file. Help please. JF...
  8. i cannot delete music from my audo c d there is option given for delet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cannot delete music from my audo c d there is option given for delet: i cannot delete music from my audo c d there is option given for delet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-music-from-my-audo-c-d-there-is/144ba843-dbb9-4197-a59a-fceb2670c784"
  9. Recovery of "Ctrl+Alt+Delete"d folder

Recovery of "Ctrl+Alt+Delete"d folder: Sir, I was accidentally deleted my folder from my E drive using "Control+Alt+delete" option. I am using windows 10. Please show me the way to recover my folder? Thanks for your help....
  10. Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?

Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?: I wanted to delete a large quantity of files (several TB) and was presented with the "Preparing to delete files...." dialog. Then I changed my mind and cancelled this dialog. Since it was in the "Preparing to delete" stage: Was Windows just discovering items or already...