Windows 10: I cannot delete my orphaned account

Discus and support I cannot delete my orphaned account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Windows Home account. I wanted to create a child account, but instead I changed myself to a child. Now I can't do anything. I can't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Paul Jacobson, May 30, 2023.

1. I cannot delete my orphaned account

I have a Windows Home account. I wanted to create a child account, but instead I changed myself to a child. Now I can't do anything. I can't even delete my child account!!! Please help me! Paul

:)

Paul Jacobson, May 30, 2023
  2. Kreij Win User

How do I delete my account?

People cannot delete their accounts. It would orphan all their threads and posts which would be a bad thing.

Kreij, May 30, 2023
  3. Mussels Win User
    How do I delete my account?

^ this

it would break too many threads, if your posts got deleted.

we can ban your account from posting... but you can do the same thing by just not posting. Why do you want it deleted in the first place?

Mussels, May 30, 2023
  4. I cannot delete my orphaned account

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 30, 2023
Thema:

I cannot delete my orphaned account

1. I cannot delete my orphaned account - Similar Threads - cannot delete orphaned

2. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete admin account: out of no where there is a secondary administrator account in my laptop i’m running windows 10 and it won’t show up to let me delete it from my main account that I have always used that is also an admin account. This new admin account doesn’t allow me to set a pin for it and...
  3. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete admin account: out of no where there is a secondary administrator account in my laptop i’m running windows 10 and it won’t show up to let me delete it from my main account that I have always used that is also an admin account. This new admin account doesn’t allow me to set a pin for it and...
  4. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot delete my orphaned account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete my orphaned account: I have a Windows Home account. I wanted to create a child account, but instead I changed myself to a child. Now I can't do anything. I can't even delete my child account!!! Please help me! Paul...
  6. How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? (Outlook 2010, No Exchange)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? (Outlook 2010, No Exchange): Outlook 2010 (NOT Exchange Server), Win 10 64 I have a To Do that I cannot delete, remove, rename, or perform any other action on. When trying I keep getting "The message you specified could not be found." Its aggravating because its at the top of my TO DO list, both in Task...
  7. Cannot delete orphaned OneDrive folders after employee left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete orphaned OneDrive folders after employee left: A previous employee left and had connect onedrive to one of our local PCs Windows 10. I have managed to remove most of the files from windows Explorer, but there are some remaining which cannot be deleted. All the files have a grey X over the icon. If I try to delete one...
  8. How to undo a Orphaned Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to undo a Orphaned Account: So today I made a huge mistake, I searched on google on how to change my username and I opened run and I did "control userpasswords2" I messaged a windows advisor and he told me that I had an "Orphaned account". He told me to do a system restore but I cannot open control...
  9. Cannot remove orphaned email account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove orphaned email account in windows 10: Hello there, I hope someone can help me with a big problem . When i go to windows 10 -> settings -> accounts - email and accounts Then under accounts ->using other apps, I see two old email addresses which i need to remove. However when i click on an address which I want...
  10. Can't Delete Orphaned Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Orphaned Folder in Windows 10: So I moved a folder under a user account on a new dell windows 10 PC I was setting up from the C: drive to the D: drive (using right mouse click drag/move). The folder transferred fine but the folder name still exists under the user account and cannot be deleted. Trying to...