Windows 10: I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10

Discus and support I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have updated to Win 10, and now cannot delete any old backups on my D drive which is almost full. Win 10 does not allow me to change the backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerTalbot1, Nov 4, 2019.

1. I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10

I have updated to Win 10, and now cannot delete any old backups on my D drive which is almost full. Win 10 does not allow me to change the backup device to D so I can delete them.

:)

RogerTalbot1, Nov 4, 2019

2. Using D: to back up WIN 10 on former WIN 7 system?

The D: drive on my small HP netbook has the backup files for the WIN 7 that was originally installed. Have upgraded to WIN 10 1709 and would like to use that D: drive as the place to backup WIN 10. Do I just do a back up and select the D: drive as the
    destination, or should I reformat the D: drive to get rid of all the WIN 7 stuff before I do the backup? Is there anything from that WIN 7 installation that needs to be saved?

MBIEnterprises, Nov 4, 2019
  3. maarkr Win User
    Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my D drive?

Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my d drive? It was my C drive years ago and I kept it for backup after I installed an SSD with Win 10 as the C drive. I don't need to get every little bit off, but can I just delete the Windows folder? I know I've installed a few programs from Win 10 on that drive in Program Files, so I don't want to nuke those program/data files... just get rid of most of the old OS... it takes up 20Gb of space.

I'm also going to backup my C drive to the D, so I may want to boot off the D drive to my Win 10 backup if I have issues with the C drive booting.

-or, since I have like 2Tb of free space on the drive, why bother??? I'm just a neat freak.

maarkr, Nov 4, 2019
  4. MoManMBM Win User

I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10

Win 10 Win 7 Backup Failure 0x800700E1

Hi,

I am running win 10 pro 64 bit and am using the win 7 backup process. I backup every week and have been doing this for many years (I am a mainframe dinosaur). Last week I started getting this failure just as the backup was ready to finish (during the system
    image creation phase).

win 10 backup failure 0x800700E1

I have researched it and tried all of the recommended steps (running sfc, DSIM.EXE) to no avail.

My environment is:

Lenovo P70, 64GB RAM

Hard Drive is 1TB partitioned to 3 drives (C,D,E)

Backup is External USB3 Seagate 5TB 1 partition.

I am up to date with Win 10 updates except for 1809 (it keeps failing).

All help and suggestions are appreciated

Maurice

I have an update to the issue.

First some more clarification.

The C: drive is used for the win 10 libraries and all products where I canNOT change the default execution library location.

The D: drive is used for all execution library locations that I can control. I also use it for downloads of software, manuals (computer and others) and some other items.

The E: drive is used for all of my .doc libraries (Word, Excel, photos, etc)

I have performed some more PD and have determined the following. I can backup the C: and E: drives without any problems. I can also create system image backups of the hard drive.

I cannot create a backup of the D: partition.

There is obviously something 'evil' on it. I have not been able to find out how to isolate the 'evil' entity which is causing the failure.

Help!

MoManMBM, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10

1. I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10 - Similar Threads - cannot delete old

2. An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10: I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not remember now, I reverted to Win 7 Pro. I am still running it.Now, when I upgraded Win 10 to 11 on my laptop, I would also like...
  3. An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10: I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not remember now, I reverted to Win 7 Pro. I am still running it.Now, when I upgraded Win 10 to 11 on my laptop, I would also like...
  4. Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10: HelloI did something stupid and installed a Windows 7 registry backup to windows 10 and now I can't access anything, command prompt, registry etc. I was messing around with the registry previously to stop antimalware service from running as it was slowing down my system, I...
  5. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user: Win 10 - I am using Windows 7 Backup and Restore and the error log always shows skipped files of a deleted user. The user is deleted in every way I could find to do it and I have deleted the User Folder for that user. Windows Backup must be finding that old user in the...
  6. AFTER UPGRADE TO WIN 10--CAN I DELETE OLD WIN 7 FOLDERS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AFTER UPGRADE TO WIN 10--CAN I DELETE OLD WIN 7 FOLDERS?: I recently upgraded an older HP Desktop purchased mid 2011 from Win 7 to Win 10. After some research and help from MS Community, I have it running satisfactorily. I do, however, have a number of folders left behind from the Win 7 OS. I can identify them from the "2011" date....
  7. Win 10 Backup (7)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Backup (7): Hi, I'm getting a message that Backup skipped two files. I checked the paths and they are invalid. Since I cannot drill down to these two locations in File Manager, I wonder how Backup is selecting them, that is, where is Backup getting this information to attempt to...
  8. Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?: My folder is: MediaID.bin It has all my documents, photos, etc. from a PC that I converted to Win 10 and gave a family member. But I can't seem to get the file to open on my own Win 10 Pro laptop. Is there a program, command or process that will allow to restore all my...
  9. Cannot access Win 10 shared drive from Win 7 PC - SOLVED.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access Win 10 shared drive from Win 7 PC - SOLVED.: I have been fighting with this problem for about a week, but finally fixed it and for what it is worth would like to share (no pun intended) with other members. I have one Win 10 Laptop, one Win 7 Laptop and a Win 7 Desktop. My main machine is the Win 10 laptop which has...
  10. Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my D drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my D drive?: Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my d drive? It was my C drive years ago and I kept it for backup after I installed an SSD with Win 10 as the C drive. I don't need to get every little bit off, but can I just delete the Windows folder? I know I've installed a few...