Windows 10: I cannot delete some files which appeared after i changed the location of my desktop

Discus and support I cannot delete some files which appeared after i changed the location of my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So basically what happened was I had changed my desktop location because of a reason and the then I see these files appear in my desktop which I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sumaiya_Labonno, Jun 21, 2020.

1. I cannot delete some files which appeared after i changed the location of my desktop

So basically what happened was I had changed my desktop location because of a reason and the then I see these files appear in my desktop which I am not being able to delete. When I try to delete them, it says "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in system". I also cannot open these files. They are labeled as BBI, DEFAULT, SAM, SECURITY, SYSTEM, SOFTWARE and 2 folders named 'app data' and 'TxR'. How can I delete these files?

:)

Sumaiya_Labonno, Jun 21, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jun 21, 2020
  4. I cannot delete some files which appeared after i changed the location of my desktop

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

I cannot delete some files which appeared after i changed the location of my desktop

1. I cannot delete some files which appeared after i changed the location of my desktop - Similar Threads - cannot delete files

2. There is some icons appeared in my desktop file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is some icons appeared in my desktop file: Some icons have been shows up to my desktop file at first it was like exclamation markand it changes into red lock and brown boxwhat could be the reason?does all icon have different meaning ?...
  3. There is some icons appeared in my desktop file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is some icons appeared in my desktop file: Some icons have been shows up to my desktop file at first it was like exclamation markand it changes into red lock and brown boxwhat could be the reason?does all icon have different meaning ?...
  4. There is some icons appeared in my desktop file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I deleted my temporary files after which some icons on my taskbar are not appearing on it,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my temporary files after which some icons on my taskbar are not appearing on it,...: After I deleted the temporary files on my PC from the storage settings, few icons on my taskbar are not visible anymore or if this happened after the new update I am not sure....
  6. I deleted my temporary files after which some icons on my taskbar are not appearing on it,...

I deleted my temporary files after which some icons on my taskbar are not appearing on it,...: After I deleted the temporary files on my PC from the storage settings, few icons on my taskbar are not visible anymore or if this happened after the new update I am not sure....
  7. icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade: why can't i delete this icon? what is this icon used for? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-appeared-in-desktop-and-cannot-be-deleted/ff80436b-44fc-4291-b450-5721eb057ea8
  8. icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade: why can't i delete this icon? what is this icon used for? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-appeared-in-desktop-and-cannot-be-deleted/ff80436b-44fc-4291-b450-5721eb057ea8
  9. I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?: After downloading RPG maker MV on to my laptop, i've never been able to delete this folder called "First thing". It comes up with a popup, telling me that "the system cannot find the file specified" Image. I've tried to rename it but it puts me into a never ending loop of...
  10. Some Files keep appearing in the original location after restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Files keep appearing in the original location after restarting: It started 3 weeks ago, i have 2 files deleted from my download folder. After the laptop restarted, they were in my recycle bin but also back in my download. I kept deleting, I ended up with multiple same files in my recycle bin, and they are still in my download folder....