Windows 10: I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership

Discus and support I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership [ATTACH] but [ATTACH] I got this file while installing cheat engine and now i cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EnderCrayonBM, Dec 1, 2018.

1. I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership

I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership

I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership 9c3f3082-77fe-47d8-8108-bfd793bb17d9?upload=true.jpg

but

I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership 27bafb83-edac-478a-a259-2cf4d4aca8ff?upload=true.jpg

I got this file while installing cheat engine and now i cannot uninstall it.

I think its a virus or malware. Please help me.

Should i wash my computer????? (i have important stuff)

I also tired commands and rebooting it still doesn't work anyone with suggestions???? (Washing my computer is worse thing.....)

:)

EnderCrayonBM, Dec 1, 2018
  2. khekpc Win User

accidentally delete of ownership to a file

I am sorry. The delete of ownership is to a local disk instead of a file. Is there anyway to regain that ownership?

khekpc, Dec 1, 2018
  3. khekpc Win User

No, i delete ownership of a drive named ' Local Disk (DI cannot delete this file even though i have ownership :)' . i wanted to change the security as i am unable to delete a file in the disk. Unfortunately, i accidentally delete all ownership to the disk
    and am now unable to access it.

khekpc, Dec 1, 2018
  4. khekpc Win User

I have accidentally delete all ownership to a file and currently not being able to access the file. Is there any way for me to re-own the file?

khekpc, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership - Similar Threads - cannot delete file

2. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  3. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  4. I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete: I have a file in windows apps I want to delete.I couldn't uninstall it from programs in control panelbut I was able to "uninstall" it from the recommend page inside the start menu.The file is still there and I want to delete. I tried Remove-item path C:/filepath - forceI have...
  5. I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete

I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete: I have a file in windows apps I want to delete.I couldn't uninstall it from programs in control panelbut I was able to "uninstall" it from the recommend page inside the start menu.The file is still there and I want to delete. I tried Remove-item path C:/filepath - forceI have...
  6. Cannot delete files even though I am an administrator with "Full Control" access to the files.

Cannot delete files even though I am an administrator with "Full Control" access to the files.: I am trying to delete some text files .txt. I am using Windows 10, latest updates. No matter what I do, I get the message, I don't have the correct permission. I am an administrator on my computer personal home computer. When I look at the security properties of the files, it...
  7. Cannot delete files even though I am an administrator with "Full Control" access to the files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete files even though I am an administrator with "Full Control" access to the files.: I am trying to delete some text files .txt. I am using Windows 10, latest updates. No matter what I do, I get the message, I don't have the correct permission. I am an administrator on my computer personal home computer. When I look at the security properties of the files, it...
  8. HELP!! I CAN'T DELETE THIS FILE, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ADMIN!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HELP!! I CAN'T DELETE THIS FILE, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ADMIN!: [ATTACH] I can't delete this file, even though I have admin. I've tried to change the security permissions, but it doesn't work. Please help!...
  9. Cannot view files that i have taken ownership of

Cannot view files that i have taken ownership of: Hi All, I have some files from a previous PC that i have put onto an external HDD, I have now taken ownership of these files however i still do not have permission to view said files? I have gone through just about all security TABs etc and still cannot figure out with the...
  10. Can't delete a file even though I own it

Can't delete a file even though I own it: I recently installed some kind of virus onto my computer that runs these programs that make my laptop overheat very quickly and sometimes play random music. I figured out the location of these programs, located in two folders in Local Disk C: and have tried to delete them....