Windows 10: I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to...

Discus and support I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to use netplwiz to prevent my pc asking for a password when I start using it. Previously, it did not ask for a password on Windows 10. But now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ron and Heather McLaren, Jun 22, 2020.

1. I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to...

I tried to use netplwiz to prevent my pc asking for a password when I start using it. Previously, it did not ask for a password on Windows 10. But now it does. I used netplwiz and found that the box that determines this is already unchecked!

Is this something to do with the fact that I am using a Microsoft account password? I don't know how or when that changed - I used to have a Windows password. I get the impression that Microsoft is trying to take control of how I use my PC.

PS I get security, and have done since the 'sixties. My pc is not accessible to other people.

:)

Ron and Heather McLaren, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Can't disable login password Win 10

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• How many user accounts have you set up on the computer?
    You might face this issue if you have entered a wrong password or selected a different user account while unchecking the option
    "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “control userpasswords2” without quotes and press
      Enter
    • Click on the User account to which you login.
    • Uncheck the option "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". If it is already unchecked, then place a check mark and then uncheck it.
    • You will be requested to enter the Username and Password. Fill in the details correctly. Type in the
      Username, Password and Confirm Password manually.
    • Click on OK and then again OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know the results and if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 22, 2020
  3. No password login box

Hi Helen,

There could be changes made with the settings on your computer that has disabled the option to have users to log in with a username and password. This should be enabled back to get again the login window.

If you're able to login to your system without using the password, please follow these steps to enable the login window during startup:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type in control userpasswords2 and hit
      Enter.
    • In the User Accounts dialog box, check the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Restart your computer and see if you're prompted with the login window.

In case you can't login to your system, please boot your computer in Safe Mode. Check out the link,

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and follow the steps in From the sign-in screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, follow the steps above to enable the password prompt. Once done, restart your computer to go back to normal mode.

Update us on how it goes so we can assist you further.

Regards.

"If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to mark it as answer

to help those who are facing the same problem."

Vanessa Yar, Jun 22, 2020
  4. I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to...

How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to...

1. I cannot disable the login password request, even after unchecking the box that is said to... - Similar Threads - cannot disable login

2. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  3. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  4. Disable Login Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  5. Disable Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  6. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  7. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  8. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. After updating no password box to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After updating no password box to login: Hello I am not happy to write to you But I will be grateful if you make me happy I experienced problems when I was trying to update my windows to latest version three times it appeared undoing changes, but finally it didn't appear I thought that I did it but when...
  10. poor fluidity, request password even if disabled and one another prob.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    poor fluidity, request password even if disabled and one another prob.: hello to all information I have looked everywhere for my bug but did not find answer .. The first is that since I upgraded to Windows 10 system has become less fluid, especially when I do a swipe from left to see all open programs and then sometimes lose speed around the...