Windows 10: I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help

Discus and support I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried the online guidance which is to search for netplwiz then check the box saying that a password is not needed. However that box and works if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PaulDisneyWorld, Jun 9, 2020.

1. I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help

I have tried the online guidance which is to search for netplwiz then check the box saying that a password is not needed. However that box and works if does not appear with the window that opens. I have gone into the account settings and there is no option to remove it there. I have a local account. Thank you for your time

submitted by /u/PaulDisneyWorld
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PaulDisneyWorld, Jun 9, 2020

2. How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - disable login passwords

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable User account password.

• Are you using Microsoft User account or Local User account to log-in?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

1. Search in the taskbar netplwiz

2. Now user accounts info window will pop up.

Now, select the user account for which you want to disable the password login. Now, uncheck the option which says
    user must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Now, press OK or hit enter.

3. A new window will come out in which you have to confirm your passwords. Use password for your user account here and press
    ok button.

4. Click Ok button and you are done. You will no longer required to enter password each time you start your computer.

If you want to revert back password login feature, repeat the process explained above and check the field which says, user must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Now, enter the login credential to confirm the process.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 9, 2020
  4. I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help

How to disable password for login on every start on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if you are using Microsoft account to login to your system then you cannot disable password protection during start of your system.

If you do not want to use password to login into Windows, create another Local account user, and use the account without entering the password.

Follow the steps below to create a Local user account:

• Type Settings in the search box next to Start
      button, and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options shown in the window.
    • Click on Family & other users from the left side panel, and click on
      Add someone else to this PC option under Other Users.
    • Click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
      located at the bottom of the window.
    • Click on Add a user without a Microsoft Account located at the bottom of the window, and follow the on-screen instructions.
    For reference: Can I sign in to Windows without a password?

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance kindly let us know. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help

1. I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help - Similar Threads - cannot disable login

2. PC Logins and Files help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Logins and Files help please: I have 2 PC logins on my PC. Only one is used, however the other is the original Microsoft login for another family member, which has been there since the PC was given to me. I have private information on my PC login, and I notice that many things not everything I...
  3. PC Logins and Files help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Logins and Files help please: I have 2 PC logins on my PC. Only one is used, however the other is the original Microsoft login for another family member, which has been there since the PC was given to me. I have private information on my PC login, and I notice that many things not everything I...
  4. PC Logins and Files help please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. please help, i cannot login to my computer,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    please help, i cannot login to my computer,: cant do anything, keyboard unable to connect, all keys combinations failed, says i need to find something from microsoft storebut its w, every time i click yes and find, it resets me to the login page, HELPPPP, also the virus is from spyhunter and a weird altruistics app...
  6. please help, i cannot login to my computer,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help, i cannot login to my computer,: cant do anything, keyboard unable to connect, all keys combinations failed, says i need to find something from microsoft storebut its w, every time i click yes and find, it resets me to the login page, HELPPPP, also the virus is from spyhunter and a weird altruistics app...
  7. please help, i cannot login to my computer,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disable Login Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  9. Disable Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  10. Disable password when starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable password when starting: I am new to Windows 10. I created a password during my initial set up routine since I had no choice. But I want to enter Windows 10 desktop without using any passwords. So I found a process on the Internet that involved running netplwiz. I did that and now no more...