Windows 10: I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

Discus and support I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop using the settings function. I tried using Device Manager with no success. The user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackmargolis, Oct 10, 2019.

1. I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop using the settings function. I tried using Device Manager with no success. The user manual doesn't get into this.

Any ideas?

:)

jackmargolis, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Oct 10, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 10, 2019
  4. I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad

john j miller iii, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

1. I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop - Similar Threads - cannot disable touchpad

2. New HP Pavillion start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HP Pavillion start up: HiI have a new HP Pavillion which has been set up with a log in. I now log in by selecting the user and just get a white box which doesnt load up saying microsoft account, and the laptop freezes. I click the x in the corner and it just returns to the user select screen. How...
  3. New HP Pavillion start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HP Pavillion start up: HiI have a new HP Pavillion which has been set up with a log in. I now log in by selecting the user and just get a white box which doesnt load up saying microsoft account, and the laptop freezes. I click the x in the corner and it just returns to the user select screen. How...
  4. My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It...: I need to disable my Touchpad completely or reinstall the driver for my HP laptop. It will not let me in settings under TouchPad and my touchpad doesn't show up under mouse settings. How can I download a new driver or completely disable TouchPad? I'd prefer to completely...
  5. HP Pavillion Laptop will not restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavillion Laptop will not restart: Hi, As far as I can tell, my pc is not having problems accept for one. The laptop simply will not restart. I can push the power button off, then push the button again and it starts perfectly, but a restart will not work. Please help with what to do to solve. Thanks...
  6. Disable Touchpad on HP Pavillion 15 Windows 10

Disable Touchpad on HP Pavillion 15 Windows 10: Help ! I cannot disable my Touchpad. I have an HP pavilion 15 Windows 10. Model 15t-cs0 Product 3AJ05AV. I have tried every suggestion I have found on searches. Either the button is not there. the option is not there. or the directions do not work i.e nothing happens when I...
  7. Disabling HP touchpad

Disabling HP touchpad: After a recent Windows 10 update, I can no longer disable the touchpad. None of the solutions available online will work on my laptop. I have a HP-15b51xx, Laptop-UVHJIJ6N. I will provide additional info as needed....
  8. Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.: Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-enabledisable-hp-laptop-touchpad/6203722d-405c-42c2-b3b5-8894213e6d0d
  9. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop: I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab, just like my other...
  10. I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop: I got a mouse to use instead of the touchpad. I am now not able to disable the touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-disable-my-touchpad-on-my-hp-stream-laptop/1f577510-a5a3-4a89-a3fb-5c5c5c57cf47"