Windows 10: I cannot disable the touchpad on the All In One Microsoft keyboard

Discus and support I cannot disable the touchpad on the All In One Microsoft keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought the Microsoft All In One Keyboard and one thing that is bugging me is that there is a touchpad at the side that I accidentally would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dave_505, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Dave_505 Win User

I cannot disable the touchpad on the All In One Microsoft keyboard

I just bought the Microsoft All In One Keyboard and one thing that is bugging me is that there is a touchpad at the side that I accidentally would press when I am doing my work when I am typing.

I wish to disable this touchpad so I downloaded the "Mouse & Keyboard Center". There was an option that could allow me to disable the touchpad and so I did it. However, even when I have disabled it, it still works.

I hope that Microsoft will get back to me quickly on this because I am not the only one that is facing this problem.

:)

Dave_505, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Touchpad can't disabled

Hello Joseph,

If your laptop has a touchpad utility software, you may check if it has an option to disable the touchpad. For instructions please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Mouse.
    • Click on Touchpad tab.
    • Under the Touchpad sub-menu, click Disable.
    • Click Apply, and OK.
    Disclaimer: If you disable the touchpad, you need to use the keyboard or external mouse to navigate.

We'll wait for the result.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 22, 2019
  4. I cannot disable the touchpad on the All In One Microsoft keyboard

Touchpad can't disabled

Joseph KevinMaiquez, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

I cannot disable the touchpad on the All In One Microsoft keyboard

1. I cannot disable the touchpad on the All In One Microsoft keyboard - Similar Threads - cannot disable touchpad

2. Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard's touchpad Feature Request Discussion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard's touchpad Feature Request Discussion: Hello Microsoft Community,Recently I purchased the Microsoft N9Z-00017 All-in-One Media Keyboard. I found the keyboard to be extremely comfortable, durable and pleasing to use. It's touchpad is precise and comfortable to use aswell. Although the touchpad suffers from many of...
  3. Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard's touchpad Feature Request Discussion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard's touchpad Feature Request Discussion: Hello Microsoft Community,Recently I purchased the Microsoft N9Z-00017 All-in-One Media Keyboard. I found the keyboard to be extremely comfortable, durable and pleasing to use. It's touchpad is precise and comfortable to use aswell. Although the touchpad suffers from many of...
  4. Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard's touchpad Feature Request Discussion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft All In One Keyboard Problem: Hello,I just bought the keyboard and start using it. After I use it for a continuous time which is generally not longer than 2 min, some kind of delay appeared to be occuring, both in keyboard and touch-pad. For keyboard, sometimes the letters I pressed are printed after...
  6. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft All In One Keyboard Problem: Hello,I just bought the keyboard and start using it. After I use it for a continuous time which is generally not longer than 2 min, some kind of delay appeared to be occuring, both in keyboard and touch-pad. For keyboard, sometimes the letters I pressed are printed after...
  7. Cannot Disable or Uninstall Touchpad

Cannot Disable or Uninstall Touchpad: [Following up on this now-closed thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad-while-using-a-mouse-anymore/328745ad-2d14-4d48-907b-98d4f8f4ef5e] It is impossible to disable or even uninstall my touchpad driver. When I uninstalled and...
  8. keyboard and touchpad are disabled. Cannot to anything. cannot get to control panel to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard and touchpad are disabled. Cannot to anything. cannot get to control panel to...: Fooling around with my Surface 2 and I disabled both the keypad and the touchpad.. My external mouse and keyboard don't work either. Now I cannot get to the control panel to turn then back on. Can anyone help a 75 year old dummy? Thanks!...
  9. Touchpad Cannot be Disabled

Touchpad Cannot be Disabled: My new HP 250 G7 laptop with Windows 10 v 1903 has the latest Synaptics touchpad driver 19.5.35.26 but in settings the option to disable it is not active. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still cannot disable the touchpad by any means. HP says the settings are...
  10. Cannot Disable Touchpad

Cannot Disable Touchpad: I have an ASUS G75 notebook. I cannot find a way to disable the touchpad since upgrading to Win 10. I've googled and cannot find a solution anywhere. I've tried deleting the driver, Windows just re-installs it. I've tried disabling the software at startup thru Taskmanager,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touchpad in microsoft all in one media keyboard