Windows 10: I cannot do a Clean Install LATEST Update Arrived.... is it Faulty

Discus and support I cannot do a Clean Install LATEST Update Arrived.... is it Faulty in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746) Updates are paused your Device wont be up to date while Updates are Paused UpDates will resume 04-Feb-2021 Hi people I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dasha, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Dasha Win User

I cannot do a Clean Install LATEST Update Arrived.... is it Faulty

20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746) Updates are paused your Device wont be up to date while Updates are Paused UpDates will resume 04-Feb-2021
    Hi people I cannot do a planned Clean Install this LATEST Update Arrived 2 days ago and from what I gather it's a shot Duck..is it really Faulty? because of the issues I have with this Keyboard - Sticky Keys,caps lock, Num Lock, USB not recognised today but fine tomorrow, Bluetooth Dev mang check out but I cannot get my Tablet to talk to mu Phone etc will make this nightmare *Confused every clean Install I have ever done has been a crazy passwords are horrendous I have copies all over the place The first DELL Desktop (I' had 2) was 3 weeks in the box on the floor before they figured out it was repetedly F12 to get in to UEFI this still the SAme still the same today? Before I talk myself outta this*Huh

Should I ReBoot and let this new version Just Install as normal and hope for the best and create a Bootable from it OR, Delete itand create another Bootable USB with this version i am Running now 20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746)

I hope that if this clean Install Goes well, the major issues I have mentioned above should be fixed

Thanks to you all as usual it's Greatly appreciated Kindest Regards

:)

Dasha, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Dasha Win User

20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746) Updates are paused your Device wont be up to date while Updates are Paused UpDates will resume 04-Feb-2021
    Hi people I cannot do a planned Clean Install this LATEST Update Arrived 2 days ago and from what I gather it's a shot Duck..is it really Faulty? because of the issues I have with this Keyboard - Sticky Keys,caps lock, Num Lock, USB not recognised today but fine tomorrow, Bluetooth Dev mang check out but I cannot get my Tablet to talk to mu Phone etc will make this nightmare *Confused every clean Install I have ever done has been a crazy passwords are horrendous I have copies all over the place The first DELL Desktop (I' had 2) was 3 weeks in the box on the floor before they figured out it was repetedly F12 to get in to UEFI this still the SAme still the same today? Before I talk myself outta this*Huh

Should I ReBoot and let this new version Just Install as normal and hope for the best and create a Bootable from it OR, Delete itand create another Bootable USB with this version i am Running now 20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746)

I hope that if this clean Install Goes well, the major issues I have mentioned above should be fixed

Thanks to you all as usual it's Greatly appreciated Kindest Regards

Dasha, Jan 31, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Matthew- at no time did I suggest it was necessary. I gave that as an example purely to emphasis the point a clean install can be done at any time, independently of the preceding installtion.

Do you now see that?

dalchina, Jan 31, 2021
  4. I cannot do a Clean Install LATEST Update Arrived.... is it Faulty

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. I cannot do a Clean Install LATEST Update Arrived.... is it Faulty - Similar Threads - cannot Clean Install

2. I cannot install the latest updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install the latest updates.: I cannot install the latest windows updates, along with numerous other updates. Error 0x80070002 and 0x80248007.I tried, restarts, shut downs, command prompt scan and restore health, drive scan, nothing is working. Windows resource protection says it found corrupt files but...
  3. I cannot install the latest updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install the latest updates.: I cannot install the latest windows updates, along with numerous other updates. Error 0x80070002 and 0x80248007.I tried, restarts, shut downs, command prompt scan and restore health, drive scan, nothing is working. Windows resource protection says it found corrupt files but...
  4. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  5. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  6. I cannot do a Clean Install LATEST Update Arrived.... is it Faulty

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot do a Clean Install LATEST Update Arrived.... is it Faulty: 20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746) Updates are paused your Device wont be up to date while Updates are Paused UpDates will resume 04-Feb-2021 Hi people I cannot do a planned Clean Install this LATEST Update Arrived 2 days ago and from what I gather it's a shot Duck..is it really...
  7. received a faulty ssd, installed new win10 software. When the new drive arrives, will I be...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    received a faulty ssd, installed new win10 software. When the new drive arrives, will I be...: Bad ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-a-faulty-ssd-installed-new-win10-software/48ab531c-b80c-4263-b863-80425daf7ded"
  8. So when does our next excuse for a clean install arrive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    So when does our next excuse for a clean install arrive ?: I was wondering when the next big release of W10 is due. You know, the one that has us all clambering to create an ISO and use it as an excuse to clean install rather than upgrade. Do we have any timescale and what the release may be like ? 76407
  9. Doing a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing a clean install?: Then your old OS will still be legal. Why not partition your hard drive and keep your old OS in case of problems? When I had a shop build my Win 7 desktop, I paid a little extra to have them install my legal copy of XP on a small partition. It ran some old software that...
  10. Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update: I would like to perform a clean install of Win10 RS1 from the Media Creation Tool, but from the MCT tool setup file, it is shown to be build 14393 which is the Insider Preview. I need the full final version of RS1 instead....