Windows 10: I cannot do certain things on my PC

Discus and support I cannot do certain things on my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I own an Acer laptop and it was slowed down because my brother downloading everything he could so I deleted the 4 accounts that were on it as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xavier Allen, Feb 6, 2019.

1. I cannot do certain things on my PC

I own an Acer laptop and it was slowed down because my brother downloading everything he could so I deleted the 4 accounts that were on it as well as deleted random stuff on the files then I created a new account. When I click the Start Menu it does nothing using my mouse or keyboard and when I use the search menu it does nothing the only thing I can do is use Chrome which is the only app I have on it besides Microsoft Explorer. When I right click on the desktop and click display settings it says "This file does not have an app associated with it" and when I click Microsoft Explore it says "class not registered" there is nothing in my files except for Chrome and I do not know how to redownload everything I just want to put my computer at its factory settings.

:)

Xavier Allen, Feb 6, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2019
  4. CJCerny Win User

I cannot do certain things on my PC

Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

I cannot do certain things on my PC

1. I cannot do certain things on my PC - Similar Threads - cannot certain things

2. My PC started doing weird things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC started doing weird things: I was done using my computer and I was about to shut it down, but before I shut it down I checked my task manager for any weird perfomance behaviors because I heard my fans spinning fast and I saw my CPU was at 40% usage with 4GHz for no reason on idle. I didn't give it much...
  3. My PC started doing weird things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC started doing weird things: I was done using my computer and I was about to shut it down, but before I shut it down I checked my task manager for any weird perfomance behaviors because I heard my fans spinning fast and I saw my CPU was at 40% usage with 4GHz for no reason on idle. I didn't give it much...
  4. My PC started doing weird things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC HELP CANT DO CERTAIN THINGS LOST ACCESS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC HELP CANT DO CERTAIN THINGS LOST ACCESS: Please i need help I downloaded mods for GA and I deleted them and I think it gave me a virus or something where i cant access most applications and i cant open gta, steam, administrator settings and a few other apps and when I go in settings it doesn't let me click some...
  6. Certain things not working

Certain things not working: Currently, I am having problems with my laptop. Here is a more in depth description:1. Cant open windows start menu2. cant use Cortana3. Cant use search4. I cant use windows settingsJust to specify, I can open control panel...
  7. Code 0x80072F8F Unable to do certain things

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Code 0x80072F8F Unable to do certain things: I have recently changed the date and time settings on my computer and since then, I have been unable to download or update apps on my computer through the Microsoft Store, and I have been unable to check for updates on my computer because of Error Code 0x80072F8F. I have...
  8. certain keys are doing random things

certain keys are doing random things: my right arrow key keeps tying in random things, my numpad #1 keeps exiting me out of everything even when I hold FN when pressing it . Ive tried reinstalling the keyboard driver, troubleshooting everything and nothing seems to fix it. I have also updated my computer to the...
  9. cant click on certain things...

cant click on certain things...: I cant click on anything like the windows button or windows defender, etc. when i try to open microsoft edge, it says that the element is not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-on-certain-things/4dab8437-e9f6-4aa7-bd5f-ceee089426b0
  10. Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things

Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things: So I recently buit a new PC, parts list here: AMD FX-8350, Sapphire Radeon R9 270X, NZXT Guardian 921 RB - System Build - PCPartPicker and it worked flawlessly for a while, until a few weeks ago. Now, any time I watch a stream on twitch.tv or a video on youtube, it will...