Windows 10: I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.

Discus and support I cannot download a game on Microsoft store. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot download a game on Microsoft store but when I click the install button nothing happens. I've reset the cache by holding windows key + R to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A. User, Mar 29, 2023.

1. A. User Win User

I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.

I cannot download a game on Microsoft store but when I click the install button nothing happens. I've reset the cache by holding windows key + R to open the run prompt followed by typing "wsreset.exe" to reset the cache. that did not work. I also tried troubleshooting Microsoft store, that didn't work.

:)

A. User, Mar 29, 2023

2. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Mar 29, 2023
  4. Gino Des Win User

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

1. I cannot download a game on Microsoft store. - Similar Threads - cannot download game

2. I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.: I cannot download a game on Microsoft store but when I click the install button nothing happens. I've reset the cache by holding windows key + R to open the run prompt followed by typing "wsreset.exe" to reset the cache. that did not work. I also tried troubleshooting...
  3. Cannot download apps or games using microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download apps or games using microsoft store.: I tried to download the xbox app on pc, but when i press the download button, it does nothing. When i try to press the button in my library, it just disappears. I don't know what to do....
  4. Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.: Hello. I'm wanting to install a game from the Microsoft Store, so I go to the game, click install, select my HDD D: and click install. Nothing happens. If I click off of the Store, it reverts back to the C: SSD option. I also tried installing the same game but from the new...
  5. Cannot change drive that Microsoft Store is using to download a game to

Cannot change drive that Microsoft Store is using to download a game to: Hello, I am having the darndest time trying to download a game from the Microsoft Store. The app tells me there's not enough available space on my C drive. Which is fine, I want it to download to my data/storage drive on D, except I can't seem to get it to work. I have...
  6. I cannot install games on the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install games on the Microsoft Store.: Hi. I cannot install games from the Microsoft store. They get to 100% downloaded then fail to install with the code 0x80070005. I've seen this question asked numerous times but I cannot find a solution that works for me. The game that finally pushed me over the limit of...
  7. Cannot download game on laptop using Microsoft store.

Cannot download game on laptop using Microsoft store.: I purchased minecraft years ago using a code from the hardcopy of Minecraft Xbox One edition. When i go to the "All Owned" category in my library Minecraft appears on the list. I click on it and then choose the "install on my devices" option. It prompts me with a list of...
  8. Microsoft store game downloads

Microsoft store game downloads: I can't seem to get any game to download from Microsoft store and even my Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which was already installed will not run correctly or not even load. Get no message, just when I try clicking on download, nothing happens at all. Help please as this is...
  9. Cannot download game from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download game from Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy a game from the Microsoft Store but every time I try and download it gives me this error, "Give this code to an adult. You're not quite old enough for this. PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily aG8bHsNJeESBMfzF.76.1.11.8". I entered my DOB wrong the...
  10. Microsoft store game download

Microsoft store game download: Do anybody have the same problem??, i have a problem with download in microsoft store.. i download sea of thieves last night on my pc, and i saw it will take 47 gb storage, but when i wake up this morning, i see that my download is already 87.65 gb out of 87.65gb .. how can i...