Windows 10: I cannot download anything .MSI

Discus and support I cannot download anything .MSI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently i tried installing a .msi application and im getting these error codes with all .msi applications. is there anyway to fix this Thanks James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesSheehan4, Sep 16, 2020.

1. I cannot download anything .MSI

Recently i tried installing a .msi application and im getting these error codes with all .msi applications. is there anyway to fix this

Thanks

James Sheehan

:)

JamesSheehan4, Sep 16, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Hinek Win User
    Uninstalling JRE but .msi is missing

Ok, now I got it:

1. Downloaded and started jre-8u101-windows-i586.exe
    2. The Install failed in the second step with an error code, but as long as the installer is still open I could find a jre1.8.0_101.msi where the uninstall process searches for jre1.8.0_101full.msi (notice the difference in name)
    3. Copied the file to a different directory and renamed it jre1.8.0_101full.msi
    4. Closed the installer (directory and jre1.8.0_101.msi get deleted)
    5. Started the uninstall process and changed the path to my new directory.

Thanks @Biswapriyo for your help!

Hinek, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

I cannot download anything .MSI

Downloaded MSI BIOS Missing Installer

That was it @dude!!!

I cannot download anything .MSI [​IMG]

I was able to boot into F11 boot override, and run the BIOS flash from my USB stick, now I an updated to AD0.

I have spent the last half hour re-setting my BIOS, found out my saved OC profiles are no good any more as they are for the prior BIOS version, so had to recreate and test them too.
    Now I am up and running though, one funny thing, MSI Live Update 6 now finds the .AD0 BIOS as an update after I installed it. I think that piece of crap, will have to go. I can always check out MSI once a month, and the programs I wan installed, will tell me if there is an update anyhow when I check using "Info".

You should make a step for step tutorial & video on updating MSI BIOS in this section*Wink

Cliff S, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

I cannot download anything .MSI

1. I cannot download anything .MSI - Similar Threads - cannot download anything

2. I cannot download anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything.: I have been trying to download Nord VPN but now I can't download anything else. I keep getting the microsoft store pop up and it won't let me go around it. I click install anyway and it won't idk what to do but i need this software. On top of that i know I have plenty of...
  3. I cannot download anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download anything.: I have been trying to download Nord VPN but now I can't download anything else. I keep getting the microsoft store pop up and it won't let me go around it. I click install anyway and it won't idk what to do but i need this software. On top of that i know I have plenty of...
  4. I cannot download anything form the web.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything form the web.: I tried to download pdfs, drivers, files from google drive but couldn't download at all. I also tried using different browsers to download the same but facing the same issue. Please support....
  5. I cannot download anything form the web.

I cannot download anything form the web.: I tried to download pdfs, drivers, files from google drive but couldn't download at all. I also tried using different browsers to download the same but facing the same issue. Please support....
  6. I cannot download anything Microsoft related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything Microsoft related: Please help, for some reason my pc can't download anything that has something to do Microsoft even though my internet is working, i can stream youtube download games from steam, browse google search, open e-mail and whatsapp etc just fine, but i can't download office from the...
  7. I cannot download anything Microsoft related

I cannot download anything Microsoft related: Please help, for some reason my pc can't download anything that has something to do Microsoft even though my internet is working, i can stream youtube download games from steam, browse google search, open e-mail and whatsapp etc just fine, but i can't download office from the...
  8. I cannot download anything from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot download anything from Microsoft store: Hi, I have been trying to download apps from the Microsoft store but It says I have to update my system to install the product and on the system requirements I am met with this [ATTACH] But if I check system information my computer's architecture is 64bit and I have...
  9. Cannot download anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download anything: I have windows 10 and cannot download any files nor attachments even. Everytime I try and DL a file it immeditaly says “virus detected file deleted” despite DL a file from a trusted website. I’ve tried disabling the real-time protection but that did nothing....
  10. Cannot download ANYTHING!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download ANYTHING!: I have shut off virus protector, ran ipconfig in dos, tried all suggestions from forum. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-anything/64699510-6481-40b7-9d01-2911300d12a2"