Windows 10: I cannot download from the Windows Store

Discus and support I cannot download from the Windows Store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I cannot download from the Windows Store and when I go to SETTINGS ACCOUNTS and click 'SIGN IN WITH A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by danny bromberg, Feb 15, 2021.

1. I cannot download from the Windows Store

Split from this thread.​

I cannot download from the Windows Store and when I go to SETTINGS ACCOUNTS and click 'SIGN IN WITH A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT INSTEAD', a window quickly appears and then disappears so I have no opportunity to verify the contents or add to it.

I have the same 'vanishing window' problem when I click on FIX NOW in SETTING's 'SHARED EXPERIENCES'.

So I thought one of my system files may be corrupt but don't have a Win 10 disk to use in this DISM command for the wim path:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Full Path to install.wim file:1

Where can I get these system files without totally having to reinstall Windows and having to reinstall all my programs?

Thanks,

Dan

:)

danny bromberg, Feb 15, 2021

2. Windows Store Not Downloading

Hi,

We suggest that you try to reset your Windows Store as a work around for this issue.

To reset Windows Store, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows +R

• Type Wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 15, 2021
  4. I cannot download from the Windows Store

Skype not downloading from windows 10 store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us with additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code that you receive while trying to download Skype from Windows Store?
    • Is this issue confined only to Skype app?
    • Were you able to access any other apps from Windows Store?

As this could be an issue Store, I suggest you to run Windows Store troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the
      Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2: Clear the Store cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

I cannot download from the Windows Store

1. I cannot download from the Windows Store - Similar Threads - cannot download Store

2. Cannot download anything from windows store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download anything from windows store.: This all started with Minecraft windows 10, I was going to play it then it just said to unlock the full game and buy it I did. I could not go to the servers tab etc, after a while of trying to see what was wrong I just decided to uninstall it, when I tried to reinstall it...
  3. Cannot download from the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download from the Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have just built a new computer. I also purchased Windows 10 on DVD and installed it and my computer is now up and running. After installing Windows I went to updates and installed all the updates. One of the updates was a preview version of Windows 10 20H2 which I...
  4. Cannot download anything to from Store.

Cannot download anything to from Store.: I cannot download anything from Microsoft Store. Everything gets stuck in starting download or pending. I have tried everything from the post below twice. I do not want to hard reset my computer. Its barely been used and has a terabyte of fee space. Is there any way to make...
  5. cannot download minecraft from windows store

cannot download minecraft from windows store: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 game through the Microsoft store. I go to 'help' and am told this: Windows 10 Go to order history, find Windows 10 , then select Product key/Install. Select Copy to copy the key, then select Install. Select Download tool now, and follow...
  6. Cannot download from Microsoft Store

Cannot download from Microsoft Store: I have received the same error as several others. Since this has been happening since 2015 and it is now 2020 why has this not been fixed? Why is this happening and why has it not been addressed with a permanent fix?...
  7. Cannot download apps from windows store

Cannot download apps from windows store: I cannot download or update any apps using the windows store. Attempting to do so gives 'Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly' And see details gives the same error code for all downloads and updates error code. Code: 0x80070006...
  8. Cannot download games from windows store

Cannot download games from windows store: I have tried many different steps to be able to get the downloads to work but nothing has worked so far. please help. Code: 0x80072F8F Just says couldnt install will retry later. I tried candy crush and Sea of Thieves and both say the same thing....
  9. cannot download apps from store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot download apps from store: hello I cannot download most of the apps it used to say "you need a device with more features" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-download-apps-from-store/31cdf977-5bf7-413c-aa18-acbe5d269777
  10. Cannot download from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot download from Store: Despite having had a new Windows account page created and a new download of the Store I still cannot get any apps to download from the Store. When I try I get the uninformative response "Something went wrong". The error code is Ox80090016. There is I think a PowerShell...