Windows 10: I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.

Discus and support I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I have been trying to add mods to a game called No Mans Sky, but to do that you need to delete a specific txt file in side of the game data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenPham1, Apr 15, 2021.

1. KenPham1 Win User

I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.

Recently I have been trying to add mods to a game called No Mans Sky, but to do that you need to delete a specific txt file in side of the game data file. It doesn't let me delete no matter what I do, I have tried taking owner ship of the file but it does not allow me. The change option is greyed out for me. I have also tried downloading a "take ownership" reg editor file which others have suggested but still does not allow me to take ownership. It does not allow me to take owner ship on this specific folder.

I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder. 8315f0cd-e6a8-44a3-afea-ec9891986de9?upload=true.png

:)

KenPham1, Apr 15, 2021

2. How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?

Hi guys!

Like the Subject says "How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?"

Because every single time I've taken ownership of WindowsApps it breaks something. But I have to get the path to my games installed there.

blackkatt911, Apr 15, 2021
  3. TelArm Win User
    Issue with folder inside WindowsApps folder

I solved this by renaming the WindowsApps folder to anything different, moving my folder back to its original location, then setting the WindowsApps folder name back again.

TelArm, Apr 15, 2021
  4. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder. - Similar Threads - cannot edit specific

2. Need help editing WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help editing WindowsApps folder: Ive taken ownership of this folder and i can go in the folder but when i try dropping new stuff into the game i want it doesnt let me it says i have no ownership of it....
  3. Need help editing WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help editing WindowsApps folder: Ive taken ownership of this folder and i can go in the folder but when i try dropping new stuff into the game i want it doesnt let me it says i have no ownership of it....
  4. Need help editing WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps: Hi! I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11 and I have slight issue. While installing Windows 11, I formatted my main drive but I left out my other drive. I had games from Xbox App on my both drives and I deleted them before upgrade. So now I left out with folder on my other...
  6. Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps: Hi! I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11 and I have slight issue. While installing Windows 11, I formatted my main drive but I left out my other drive. I had games from Xbox App on my both drives and I deleted them before upgrade. So now I left out with folder on my other...
  7. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  8. How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?: Dear forum members, The system is a Dutch Windows 10 Pro. That sometimes makes following English procedures more difficult. The folder I would like to change stuff in is F:\WindowsApps. It is the location where Microsoft Store installed the game Age of Empires DE. I...
  9. Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder: Hi guys, I was wondering if there's any way to change the install location to a specific folder and not just to a different drive? I changed the install location for WindowsApps from the default one to a different hard drive but since I have a specific folder structure set...
  10. Cannot access the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access the WindowsApps folder: Hi, I am trying to open the WindowsApps (win 10, 2004) folder but am denied. I go through the various windows (security tab, etc.) but no dice. Can someone help? Thanks 160137