Windows 10: I cannot enable/start Windows Firewall

Discus and support I cannot enable/start Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having a problem starting/enabling Windows Defender Firewall. It gives me error when I try to "User recommended settings". I couldn't change any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shnxxx, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Shnxxx Win User

I cannot enable/start Windows Firewall

I'm having a problem starting/enabling Windows Defender Firewall. It gives me error when I try to "User recommended settings". I couldn't change any settings on my Windows Firewall.

Here is the error:

I cannot enable/start Windows Firewall [​IMG]

I already tried scanning for malwares using Windows Defender, Avira, Malwarebyte's anti-malware, root-kits, and adwcleaner.

My windows current version is Windows 10 2004 (19041.508)

:)

Shnxxx, Sep 16, 2020

2. Enabling windows firewall in windows 10

Hi,

What happens when you try to enable Windows Firewall? Does the edition of Avast have firewall feature in it? If a 3rd party firewall exists in the system, Windows Firewall is disabled.

Right-click Start, click Control Panel

Click Security and Maintenance

Click "Security" to expand it.

What's listed there for Network firewall?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Sep 16, 2020
  4. I cannot enable/start Windows Firewall

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

I cannot enable/start Windows Firewall

1. I cannot enable/start Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - cannot enable start

2. I cannot start windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot start windows defender firewall.: The start of this problem was when I wanted to install the Xbox Gamepass app. Every time I tried to install it however. I get this error screen: Looks like something went wrongWe weren't able to install the app 0x80073D0AAfter doing some research, one of the possible fixes...
  3. I cannot start windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot start windows defender firewall.: The start of this problem was when I wanted to install the Xbox Gamepass app. Every time I tried to install it however. I get this error screen: Looks like something went wrongWe weren't able to install the app 0x80073D0AAfter doing some research, one of the possible fixes...
  4. I cannot start windows defender firewall.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall not enabling: Yesterday suddenly I got a pop-up saying that my firewall was disabled so I went to check it out, going there led me to the control panel where it said that settings are not what microsoft recommends, so I clicked on the button to change but I got the error saying that it...
  6. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall not enabling: Yesterday suddenly I got a pop-up saying that my firewall was disabled so I went to check it out, going there led me to the control panel where it said that settings are not what microsoft recommends, so I clicked on the button to change but I got the error saying that it...
  7. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot Start Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Start Windows Firewall: Hi!So my computer has been going through a lot this past week and I will include a TL;DR somewhere around this post, but keep reading if you want because I'll try to explain my situation as clearly as possible because I think windows could use the info I'm about to give and I...
  9. Firewall haven't enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall haven't enabled: I have attached a Screenshot of my problem below.... I can't enable the Windows Firewall and when ever i try to open the Microsoft Store, its crashing or get closed automatically. If you guys could suggest a solution it will be very useful for me.... Hope i will get a good...
  10. Windows Firewall to start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Firewall to start.: I got an error whe[ATTACH]re i cannot turn on firewall,Even can install any other antivirus.Tried each and every method available on internet but still it does not work.Tried the troubleshooter and it says Windows firewall is not started.So after all this i reset my PC and it...