Windows 10: I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

Discus and support I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi:My windows build is: Version: 10.0.19041.844and I cannot expand the date and time on the taskbar since June 2, 2022 or see any notification items on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianNoLastName, Jun 3, 2022.

1. I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

Hi:My windows build is: Version: 10.0.19041.844and I cannot expand the date and time on the taskbar since June 2, 2022 or see any notification items on the action center lower right corner. I see a number of actions that varies throughout the day, but no popups when a new one arrives.I've run the following and have not solved the issue. I deleted the display adapters from the device manger and that has not helped either.For what it's worth, the settings app apparently crashes when trying to access the system section. The settings app disappears with no notice or warning when I click on the

:)

BrianNoLastName, Jun 3, 2022

2. Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format

Greetings, and thanks in advance for your help..

Awhile back I formatted my Windows 10 PCs to show ddd dd-mmm-yyyy on my taskbar clock. This worked happily on my desktop and laptop for months, maybe even a year +

Now (probably starting in the past couple days, if not today), on one of those two PC's, this format will no longer display. It is Okay on the other PC.

What has changed that the taskbar clock space used to expand to fit the "short date" format, but now it will no longer expand - and instead just refuses to display the date at all. (NOTE: I've verified the issue by testing shorter formats -- short formats, like "ddd" show up correctly. Only if you request a longer format will the date not display - evidently because it is too long for the clock area. )

Additional Notes that may help:

* "Working" pc is running build 10586 PC with too small a clock space that won't expand -- Build 14393

*Other differences: Notification/Action center Icon is left of clock on the working PC - Right of clock on the non-working
    Right- Clicking on task bar gives "properties" option on working PC -- But "Settings" option on the non-working

( I don't want to prejudice responses - but clearly the implication to me is that some recent OS update is most likely the culprit.)

Thank You

yandrmeyers, Jun 3, 2022
  3. David Haz Win User
    Taskbar expanding even when locked

Hi Anthony,

Kindly answer the following questions so that we may take a better look on your issue about the Taskbar expanding when locked:

• Have you done any significant changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are they?
    • Does the issue occur only when unlocking your device?

We look forward in resolving your issue.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 3, 2022
  4. Abom Win User

I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder

Hey all - curious if anyone knows of a program that would allow you to create an expandable folder/list from an icon pinned to the taskbar that you could drop program shortcuts to.

similar in functionality to mobile OS folders, hopefully with left-click functions.

Abom, Jun 3, 2022
Thema:

I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

1. I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center. - Similar Threads - cannot expand Date

2. Cannot expand partition size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot expand partition size: Hi,I messed up my partitions and now find myself without space on my C disk, which is creating all sorts of issues. I have tried EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition assistant with no luck.It seems that the problem is the disk I want to expand with the non assigned...
  3. Cannot expand partition size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot expand partition size: Hi,I messed up my partitions and now find myself without space on my C disk, which is creating all sorts of issues. I have tried EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition assistant with no luck.It seems that the problem is the disk I want to expand with the non assigned...
  4. Taskbar shows an app is running but I cannot expand it to use on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar shows an app is running but I cannot expand it to use on the desktop: Task bar shows I have windows open but I cannot expand them to use on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-shows-an-app-is-running-but-i-cannot/5522860d-a787-4b42-8fb6-9d147a221245
  5. Taskbar shows an app is running but I cannot expand it to use on the desktop

Taskbar shows an app is running but I cannot expand it to use on the desktop: Task bar shows I have windows open but I cannot expand them to use on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-shows-an-app-is-running-but-i-cannot/5522860d-a787-4b42-8fb6-9d147a221245
  6. I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.: Hi:My windows build is: Version: 10.0.19041.844and I cannot expand the date and time on the taskbar since June 2, 2022 or see any notification items on the action center lower right corner. I see a number of actions that varies throughout the day, but no popups when a new one...
  7. I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot expand the Date / Time on the taskbar or expand the action center.: Hi:My windows build is: Version: 10.0.19041.844and I cannot expand the date and time on the taskbar since June 2, 2022 or see any notification items on the action center lower right corner. I see a number of actions that varies throughout the day, but no popups when a new one...
  8. Taskbar expands and vibrates.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar expands and vibrates.: Using Windows 10 laptop When booting up after overnight power off, but also through the day the taskbar expands upward and vibrates. It occurs spontaneously and may last many minutes or hours. I tried but cannot add attachment which shows how it is transparent and pixilated...
  9. Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format: Greetings, and thanks in advance for your help.. Awhile back I formatted my Windows 10 PCs to show ddd dd-mmm-yyyy on my taskbar clock. This worked happily on my desktop and laptop for months, maybe even a year + Now (probably starting in the past couple days, if not...
  10. Changing Taskbar: Shortcuts that don't expand?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Taskbar: Shortcuts that don't expand?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I'm used to clicking a single icon (no text) shortcut to open a browser for example, and then a new window opens as well as a new taskbar window. In Windows 10 however it seems the shortcut icon simple expands with text and...