Windows 10: I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list.

Discus and support I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list. (yes it is working on other pc's) I checked if it is disabled but no, its not there too. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Erçin YONTAR, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list.

Hi Guys,

I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list. (yes it is working on other pc's)

I checked if it is disabled but no, its not there too.

I reinstalled sound drivers, but nothing changed.

I tried discovering new hardware on device manager that didn't work also.

What I only see in the sound input device list is; my laptops mic. I cannot see my headphone's mic there.

How to discover it? May be some inf file or registry entry that I can manually add it. I'm totally clueless.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Erçin YONTAR, Jul 12, 2019
  2. 7IM
    7im Win User

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 12, 2019
  4. I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list.

my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list.

1. I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list. - Similar Threads - cannot find 5mm

2. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  3. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  4. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.: Sup. I have all the current updates for Windows 10 to this date. I DO get a list of networks to join, but not my Xfinity router latest, white speakerish looking thing. Router and computer are very close, no issue there. My phone, PS4, Xbox One, HP printer, and Macbook can...
  6. I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list

I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list: I have been seeing a large opaque grid across my screen. It is 9 squares with a number from1 to 9 in each square. From my research, I should start by going to the graphics card. I cannot find the graphics card on my system....
  7. Cannot find my computer on the "install on my devices" list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot find my computer on the "install on my devices" list: So this has really been annoying me. I just bought a dlc for the game State of Decay 2 on my computer from the microsoft store and I can't even download it. My computer is not an option for a place to install and neither is my xbox. I was able to install this dlc on xbox with...
  8. I cannot find email contacts list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot find email contacts list: This issue occurred after the last Windows update. I waste long hours trying to find my email contacts. I have to import this list from my Gmail account to Outlook account but the steps that I found didn’t work. Thank you in advance....
  9. External mic is not listed in devices so unable to use the external mic

External mic is not listed in devices so unable to use the external mic: I bought a new windows 10 dell laptop and trying to use an external Boya Lavalier mic with it. But when I connect it, my voice still does not get recorded and nothing shows in troubleshooting. The mic is working correctly when connected to a mobile so that is not a problem...
  10. I cannot find my mouse. I cannot find and Touchpad related things in my device manager.

I cannot find my mouse. I cannot find and Touchpad related things in my device manager.: But when it works when i plug in my usb mouse. but my mouse disappears if i take it out. Also ive downloaded a driver for my touchpad but it doesnt let me install because it says i have one installed but i cant find the said installed touchpad....