Windows 10: I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP

Discus and support I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP AS I AM UNAB;LE TO LOCATE MY EXTERNAL DRIVE/.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by htmds@hotmail.com, Jun 27, 2022.

1. I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP

I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP AS I AM UNAB;LE TO LOCATE MY EXTERNAL DRIVE/.

:)

htmds@hotmail.com, Jun 27, 2022

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 27, 2022
  4. JoeJY Win User

I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP

1. I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP - Similar Threads - CANNOT FIND EXTERNAL

2. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,: Recently I downloaded pictures from pc to external back-up drive. I am not able to view the pictures. I think I selected the wrong setting to view whats on it. Is there a way to change the setting? I get this error message: "Windows Photo viewer can's t open this picture...
  3. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,: Recently I downloaded pictures from pc to external back-up drive. I am not able to view the pictures. I think I selected the wrong setting to view whats on it. Is there a way to change the setting? I get this error message: "Windows Photo viewer can's t open this picture...
  4. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I now back up to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I now back up to external drive: Previously when I opened 'this PC' on my computer as well as the drives it showed the following items Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Music and Videos. I could backup these items to an external drive Local Disk D by right clicking on them and selecting send to. The folders...
  6. I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP: I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP AS I AM UNAB;LE TO LOCATE MY EXTERNAL DRIVE/. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-find-my-external-drive-so-i-am-unable-to/76fee79b-5c28-400f-992a-eb9cc330b60d
  7. I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CANNOT FIND MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP: I AM UNABLE TO DO THE BACK UP AS I AM UNAB;LE TO LOCATE MY EXTERNAL DRIVE/. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-find-my-external-drive-so-i-am-unable-to/76fee79b-5c28-400f-992a-eb9cc330b60d
  8. Back Up cannot find external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back Up cannot find external hard drive: Hi,I'm trying to do a complete back up of my computer on an external drive using Backup on Windows 10.I've tried 5 different external drives and so far only one an SSD drive can be found while the other 4 not SSD are not found.I don't know if the fact that the only drive that...
  9. I am not able to do a Back-up to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not able to do a Back-up to an external hard drive: I am trying to do a back-up to an external hard drive. I select Back Up using File History, and Automatically Backup Files is On. I then go to More options, but when I press Back-up now, it hangs for a few seconds and then 'Cancel' appears. Why wont it back up?. I have...
  10. How do I back up my files to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I back up my files to an external drive?: I want to backup my files to an external HD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-back-up-my-files-to-an-external-drive/bde0cf4a-70cb-4499-9c56-b267f433e96c