Windows 10: I cannot find my files on OneDrive

Discus and support I cannot find my files on OneDrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot find my files on OneDrive. These files were saved on OneDrive when I was working on my laptop. Now I tried to open these files on the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arielle Testerman, Nov 6, 2020.

1. I cannot find my files on OneDrive

I cannot find my files on OneDrive. These files were saved on OneDrive when I was working on my laptop. Now I tried to open these files on the desktop but couldn’t find them. What is the problem?

:)

Arielle Testerman, Nov 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 6, 2020
  4. I cannot find my files on OneDrive

Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

I cannot find my files on OneDrive

1. I cannot find my files on OneDrive - Similar Threads - cannot find files

2. Unable to find files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find files on OneDrive: I have one computer running Windows 11 and it is synced on One Drive. My old computer is still running Windows 10. I have opened One Drive on my old computer but cannot find the files from the Windows 11 computer. HELP!...
  3. Unable to find files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find files on OneDrive: I have one computer running Windows 11 and it is synced on One Drive. My old computer is still running Windows 10. I have opened One Drive on my old computer but cannot find the files from the Windows 11 computer. HELP!...
  4. cannot find my ark files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot find my ark files: I have the windows game pass edition... I need to find it so I can move it to a bigger hard drive so I can update it... I tried everything this guy mentioned . Didn't work. I get a message that says I may need to delete something... It will not allow me to open the windows...
  5. cannot find my ark files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find my ark files: I have the windows game pass edition... I need to find it so I can move it to a bigger hard drive so I can update it... I tried everything this guy mentioned . Didn't work. I get a message that says I may need to delete something... It will not allow me to open the windows...
  6. cannot find my ark files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.: [ATTACH] I looked it up, and some say it is a cpuminer, and other say otherwise. However here, it does not have a publisher it seems. Should I be concerned? I actually am. How can I delete this thing which I cannot find? Even on control panel it is not there. Given all of...
  8. Cannot Find File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Find File: [ATTACH] When I sign in, after a few seconds, I have started getting a message 'Windows Cannot Find File Microsoft.549981C...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe". See Capture. When I click OK I am able to work without problem. Or have I not discovered the problem yet?. This started...
  9. Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find"

Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find": I have been using onedrive to go between multiple devices for a couple of years now. Today it will no longer let me open up files using my main computer, but the files open up fine from my microsoft surface and from my phone. I have reset, uninstalled, and reinstalled...
  10. cannot find file

cannot find file: I cant open this specific word document even though I saved it, it's coming up with the message seen in the subject. it is so frustrating and I think it is because it was saved with a file already with the same name, is there any way I can get it back?...