Windows 10: I cannot find my folder. Please help.

Discus and support I cannot find my folder. Please help. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I can't find my file that was on my desktop. I try too open excel and see the documents that were in it but when I click on it says an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jesus Lozano, Jan 18, 2020.

1. I cannot find my folder. Please help.

Hi, I can't find my file that was on my desktop. I try too open excel and see the documents that were in it but when I click on it says an error message asking if I deleted them or moved them. I can't remember if I did or not so I am hoping someone knows how to find these files if I deleted them or moved them.

:)

Jesus Lozano, Jan 18, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 18, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 18, 2020
  4. enso Win User

I cannot find my folder. Please help.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

I cannot find my folder. Please help.

1. I cannot find my folder. Please help. - Similar Threads - cannot find folder

2. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Please to find my files: Dear Sir,I have installed Windows 10 pro on SSD and keep the previous HDD along with SSD in same Desktop pc. but now I am facing problem with my previous saved files on HDD which was on desktop, download and documents. while I am booting pc by using the HDD files are shown...
  3. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Please to find my files: Dear Sir,I have installed Windows 10 pro on SSD and keep the previous HDD along with SSD in same Desktop pc. but now I am facing problem with my previous saved files on HDD which was on desktop, download and documents. while I am booting pc by using the HDD files are shown...
  4. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help: I recently had an issue with Dell XPS and hence I had to provide bit locker key which was associated with my collage account. Once I entered it logged me in. After that I was worries since I graduated this account will be lost anytime, I changed the windows account . it was...
  6. Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help

Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help: I recently had an issue with Dell XPS and hence I had to provide bit locker key which was associated with my collage account. Once I entered it logged me in. After that I was worries since I graduated this account will be lost anytime, I changed the windows account . it was...
  7. please help, i cannot login to my computer,

please help, i cannot login to my computer,: cant do anything, keyboard unable to connect, all keys combinations failed, says i need to find something from microsoft storebut its w, every time i click yes and find, it resets me to the login page, HELPPPP, also the virus is from spyhunter and a weird altruistics app...
  8. I can't find my cortana pleases help!!

in Cortana
    I can't find my cortana pleases help!!: I can't find my Cortana pleases help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-cortana-pleases-help/e0c922db-fe07-4897-ab4a-7e4d46cb0f49
  9. “windows cannot find C,,” please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “windows cannot find C,,” please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/watermoleculeee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg5rcj/windows_cannot_find_c_please_help/
  10. I cannot find my picture folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot find my picture folders.: I can find a Picture folder, and some of my pictures are in the folder, but not all of them. If I go to Start, File Explorer, On This PC, and then search JPG or IMG, then I can see some of my missing pictures, but nowhere close to the number of pictures that are on my...